Next purchase suggestion, or best bang for the buck?

shoggoth43

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of a doser for some increased stability as I am REALLY bad at dosing on a daily basis.

However I'm also looking at some lighting upgrades. I current can only afford one of the lights I need, with the plan being to purchase the other 6 months or so down the line. While the manufacturer suggests that this length of time won't result in any noticeable shift in intensity, I'm not sure if current LEDs really lose light output on that noticeable a level that quickly. The older units certainly did and I wouldn't be surprised if the new ones have some fall-off as well. I could maybe take my existing Kessils and shove them on one side of the tank and then put the new light on the other side, but aesthetically they are going to look VERY different.

Which is likely going to be my biggest improvement in the tank?

I'm also going to need to order a new probe holder and a dosing tube holder. Any suggestions for a good one, or at least models to completely avoid, are appreciated. My current probe holder will be going on a different system.

-
S

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for lighting personally Current lights are ok for fish only but I don’t think they have the power for corals. If your on a budget look at one of the black boxes like Viperspectra or Mars as there are several people on here with beautiful tanks running them. As for your doser I’m very happy with my Coral Box WiFi from @reefbreaders.
Stability is key and a doser will help, lighting is also a factor, but I would go for the doser first personally.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 115 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back