Next Reef tank size?

Darth.Daddy12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have a 30g a 40 breeder and 40 cube sitting in the garage waiting for a new home. The cube isn’t a true cube it’s 24x18x22.

If I use the 30g or 40b I’ll be building my own AIO peninsular style. If I go cube not really sure likely an aquaclear 110 to fuge conversion as the tank will be going on my dresser in the bedroom which is plenty able to hold all of these as that’s where the 30g was for last 2 years as a freshwater tiger barb/clown loach tank. As such I have no option for a sump but being directly in front of the bed I want the most appealing setup in term of scape.

I like the 30 cause it leaves a little more dressor too space, I like the cube cause I think it has the best scape possibilities, and a 40b is well it’s a bredderbits kinda hard to top it for demensional stats. I’m not concerned with lighting cost different as the added depth if the cube will likely require same as the added length of the other two..

If it was your bedroom which should you choose and one reason why?

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40b with AIO peninsular style.
I like the size of the 40G Breeder. I had a 30 Gallon Nano and it felt to small... I feel like the 40B is the Best of all worlds, for smaller setups as it doesn't take over the room but allows you to get a few more fish/coral into the tank the say the cube or 30g.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my tanks I had was a 40b I absolutely loved that tank and had a 6 bulb t5 over it. Man I could grow anything.

OP
OP
D

Darth.Daddy12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reference if I do the 30 or 40 I’m going to do something similar to this. Not as big but Joe did this for Rico’s chalked last year and I though this was simply amazing way to do a AIO with fuge display. Likely using abkut 1ft max maybe little less of the tank. So the footprint of all three of these options display wise would be similar. That’s why I threw the cube in there as all theee would be more similar is actual size once the tank is resectioned.

3A56FB2F-DAD1-43FD-8A16-D25E9610807D.png

W1ngz

Failed Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to beat a peninsula type tank. I've only had tanks that had a look-through perspective so could scape 3 sides differently. You'll lose a lot of footprint splitting it like that, so I'd go with the 40.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
40b with AIO peninsular style.
I like the size of the 40G Breeder. I had a 30 Gallon Nano and it felt to small... I feel like the 40B is the Best of all worlds, for smaller setups as it doesn't take over the room but allows you to get a few more fish/coral into the tank the say the cube or 30g.

^ this peninsula's are like have 2 tanks in one. it's hard to beet a 40br IMHO

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back