next tank build...What should I be looking at?

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. I'm not sure if you need the ReefMat 1200 (you may be fine with just the 500), but you can always price the individual components out separately. I would recommend Radions over the Red Sea LEDs myself.
with the glass haze many people see, is this on the new tanks or the older?

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not that I want to wait that long because I'm hoping to start something in 1-2 months, but do any of the suppliers have Black Friday deals? though by then I could have a tank running for 3 months. Though deals are usually on the previous models.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure about the niger? The ones I've seen at my LFS are mean as f***. And by mean, I mean they drew blood from everyone who worked there. One particular specimen would even attack the glass whenever I went by.
Whaaaa really??? He is so chill. He eats out of my hand! He only gets aggressive with Lady my female clown but thats cause shes a massive B-. I pet him too and he loves it! Never once bit me. The one at my LFS is so wimpy they had to move him from the tank with triggers haha. I also got him as a juv. One of my favorite fish

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not that I want to wait that long because I'm hoping to start something in 1-2 months, but do any of the suppliers have Black Friday deals? though by then I could have a tank running for 3 months. Though deals are usually on the previous models.
Red sea did a black friday deal, thats why I have my max 260, the max systems are “plug and play” ones.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whaaaa really??? He is so chill. He eats out of my hand! He only gets aggressive with Lady my female clown but thats cause shes a massive B-. I pet him too and he loves it! Never once bit me. The one at my LFS is so wimpy they had to move him from the tank with triggers haha. I also got him as a juv. One of my favorite fish
Are you sure you didnt met my female clown Lady? She does that crap to me all the time!

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go ProClear! They make some really nice aquariums. I recommend the ProStar 200, which is 5', for your space. You could go 6', but it would make maintenance a pain. Trying to deal with cords, etc.
I need to find out all the equipment to run it. the biocube is obviously easy. As is it does seem to run a couple degrees warm. 76to78 when the lights come on. I have central air so don't think I need chillers yet. Only problem I have run into is Whole Foods stopped selling RO water which was nice at $0.49 a gallon. So I'm buying imaginarium jugs but wish I could find a pump that I can use through the 2" cap. Though it seems they've also changed packaging now to just a bag in a box. looking into finding a RO system now that I can hook up to my hose bib that is in the basement before the hot water tank. My sinks don't have useable attachments unless I rework the PEX tubing for a bib. Not sure any of that is a cost savings for me.

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red sea did a black friday deal, thats why I have my max 260, the max systems are “plug and play” ones.
yeah, the "plug and play" I think is what I need unless I have good instruction material. (put the what in the where then connect the dohicky?" the max doesn't really require anything extra does it? was using the 525Max list to price out other brands. would be nice if they had some nicer door options on the cabinets.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah, the "plug and play" I think is what I need unless I have good instruction material. (put the what in the where then connect the dohicky?" the max doesn't really require anything extra does it? was using the 525Max list to price out other brands. would be nice if they had some nicer door options on the cabinets.
Yeah the max comes with everything. Check bulk reef supply, theyve got a plug and play section. But I would try FB marketplace you can probably get a full set up there

OP
OP
BubblesandSqueak

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
think it's OK to put a tang, puffer and trigger in a 32cube while the reefer cycles or would that be too long for them? so many websites say "can get away with smaller tank while they are juvenile" but require "X" as adult. I know some tangs grow quick but a bristle I think is slower.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 108 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back