Nicks 40 gallon reef

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are many ways to be active here bro. Its not just about showing what you have. You have some great knowledge and should share it. The lounge is a fun place too.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, Off topic here but im going to buy the freshwater version of Vibrant. Hoping it will strip the nitrates out of the cichlid tank and promote the breakdown of fish waste.

I was thinking about your tank and fish. I think maybe the FW population spiked in your tank when the fish have been in QT, resulting in coral attacks. Do you still have shrimp?

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like I can clip a head off my coral dudes hammer. You can give a euphyllia another go. Both heads are looking fantastic!

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There hasn't been a FW in my system that I've seen for a few months. I think after the flow was fixed it solved the problem. I think as far as freshwater fish tanks go nitrates aren't as bad. Have you tested that water?

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like I can clip a head off my coral dudes hammer. You can give a euphyllia another go. Both heads are looking fantastic!
I just learned a new method today from a fb buddy. Diamond wheel on a dremel. I have the wheels if you wanna try it

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just learned a new method today from a fb buddy. Diamond wheel on a dremel. I have the wheels if you wanna try it

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a really nice tank and just realized ur from NH and I have never seen any one else from this state on here I Am from NH as well and was wondering were do u buy ur supplies cause I can't find any lfs I have found 2 but that's about it

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a really nice tank and just realized ur from NH and I have never seen any one else from this state on here I Am from NH as well and was wondering were do u buy ur supplies cause I can't find any lfs I have found 2 but that's about it
Thank you. Do you have a build thread? There are a few from our home state, @stevo01 is one of them. I go to plymouth for my fish and coral. A lot of supplies come from amazon. Where in NH are you living?

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fremont NH I found 2 stores in Salem NH Jay's aquatics and oceans in a glass I started to put together a 120 but I ended up moving before I could finish it And the new place does not have the room for it so I plan on setting up a Nuvo 40 to start till I can get in to a bigger place

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fremont NH I found 2 stores in Salem NH Jay's aquatics and oceans in a glass I started to put together a 120 but I ended up moving before I could finish it And the new place does not have the room for it so I plan on setting up a Nuvo 40 to start till I can get in to a bigger place
From what I hear Jay's is awesome. I haven't gotten down that way yet. I live up by lebanon. My ultimate goal is a 120, but it's not happening for now. Don't be a stranger! My name is Nick btw

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"We" love the Plymouth Aquarium! Nick and I live pretty close. Ive been to jays and got some awesome coralsthere. Also went to another place in salem but the corals looked awful. Fish on the other hand were plentiful! Alllll salt water fish.

Also there is @Wiz down south, @AdamD76 that i know personally like Nick. If you go to NHfragswap.com youll meet a bunch of people around here. Nick and I met a guy that sold us some high end paly/zoas for cheap back in june. He's located in white river junction. Thats where i got my Bryopsis invasion from...

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Yup jays simply put has the greatest variety at competaive cost. Defanitly one of the best. Oceans in glass is a great place too. Nice guys and good variety. Prices are a lil high imo. Myk and steph at aquatic creations are awesome! So much knowledge and quality pieces. Bills petland inmanchester is pretty cool to. Expanding at the moment. And very good prices. Great guy too. And lastly manchester petco is better than any other petco anywhere.

I'm in allenstown. Just left my 40b to a 75. The 40 was my favorite tank of all time. But needed room of course. ;-)

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, Yup jays simply put has the greatest variety at competaive cost. Defanitly one of the best. Oceans in glass is a great place too. Nice guys and good variety. Prices are a lil high imo. Myk and steph at aquatic creations are awesome! So much knowledge and quality pieces. Bills petland inmanchester is pretty cool to. Expanding at the moment. And very good prices. Great guy too. And lastly manchester petco is better than any other petco anywhere.

I'm in allenstown. Just left my 40b to a 75. The 40 was my favorite tank of all time. But needed room of course. ;-)
I didn't realize there was that many shops down there.

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bills and petco in manch.
Aquatic creations in amherst
Oceans and jays in salem.
Pets plus in londonderry
And zoo creatures in plaistow

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back