Nicrew 150 w lighting recommendations?

clownfish_reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2024
Messages
111
Reaction score
46
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I’m running a 150 w Nicrew light on my 45 gallon jbj. It’s mounted the max height the mount it came with allows. I was just coming on here to ask if anyone would have setting recommendations. I’m planning on having a mixed reef and I would like to have the proper lighting level needed for it. Thank you!
 
Hey, I'm a newb so take that with a grain of "salt", however these lights are super powerful so don't go crazy. I have the 100W in a 26 gallon Landen, maxed on height and running at 5% W and 60% B. Mixed reef with SPS and LPS, but not a lot. I had it blasting for months and corals grew like crazy, however I fought some serious GHA and bleaching etc. Take it slow and make small gradual adjustments. I have the controller set to 0% at 8am ramping to 45% blue by 9am - 60% B and 5% W till 1pm, then running 45% B till 6pm and back to 0% at 7:30pm. Par at bottom is around 80 and at the top of my rocks around 200. Hope this helps!
 
I have the nicrew 100 watts on a 32 gallon, I have it set at 75% and it works for me (I don't have the controller).

If it was me, I would start the 150 watt at about 75% and then see from there. Of course its just a guess, if you want exact info, you should rent a par meter.
 
Hey, I'm a newb so take that with a grain of "salt", however these lights are super powerful so don't go crazy. I have the 100W in a 26 gallon Landen, maxed on height and running at 5% W and 60% B. Mixed reef with SPS and LPS, but not a lot. I had it blasting for months and corals grew like crazy, however I fought some serious GHA and bleaching etc. Take it slow and make small gradual adjustments. I have the controller set to 0% at 8am ramping to 45% blue by 9am - 60% B and 5% W till 1pm, then running 45% B till 6pm and back to 0% at 7:30pm. Par at bottom is around 80 and at the top of my rocks around 200. Hope this helps!
For sure will try to take it slow as I know those lights are crazy powerful. I might get a controller in the future but for now just doing it manually. I might have the white set to 10 percent and blue around 70. Im not home to be changing the lighting throughout the day I usually get home around 4pm. Thank you for the help and good luck with your tank!
 
I have the nicrew 100 watts on a 32 gallon, I have it set at 75% and it works for me (I don't have the controller).

If it was me, I would start the 150 watt at about 75% and then see from there. Of course it’s just a guess, if you want exact info, you should rent a par meter.
75% white and blue? Or 75% of one and less of the other? A par meter would be useful but for now just trying to do the best I can without one.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new