NICREW HyperReef Controller not working correctly

Evolution64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends, I've had a NICREW HyperReef controller on my tank's light for a while now and it's worked great. I just moved to a new apartment and set up the tank again, and for some reason the time on the controller is no longer updating. As in, I will set it to the current time and date, but then the time never changes when I go back to the home screen, it just stays the same time I set. So my programs are no longer working. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what it could be?

Thanks

Eddie Bee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi friends, I've had a NICREW HyperReef controller on my tank's light for a while now and it's worked great. I just moved to a new apartment and set up the tank again, and for some reason the time on the controller is no longer updating. As in, I will set it to the current time and date, but then the time never changes when I go back to the home screen, it just stays the same time I set. So my programs are no longer working. Has anyone experienced this or have any idea what it could be?

Thanks
Any updates on this?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

Evolution64

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this?
Yes, NICREW replied to me saying "I have reported it to our expert team, and they think the problem is caused by the inside crystal oscillator having broken." I told them the controller was packaged completely when I was moving apartments so I'm not sure how it could have broken, and they offered to send me a replacement unit

Upvote 0

Eddie Bee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, NICREW replied to me saying "I have reported it to our expert team, and they think the problem is caused by the inside crystal oscillator having broken." I told them the controller was packaged completely when I was moving apartments so I'm not sure how it could have broken, and they offered to send me a replacement unit
They told me something similar about it being dropped. I just received it in the mail. Sending mine back to Amazon

Upvote 0

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back