Nicrew navareef 135 mounting to rail

antman64

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 4, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
3
Location
Algonquin
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there!

First time posting on here!

I got an open box nicrew navareef 135. I already have a nicrew 150 that is mounted to the nicrew brand rail.

Didn’t realize that the navareef doesn’t have the same mounting top bracket/ hardware, so can’t currently attach it to the nicrew rail!!!

Anybody know of diy options, or other brands that would fit the screw pattern? (I’ve tried nicrews, Amazon, Etsy, some 3D printed websites, but nothing on the navareef lights.

Thanks!!!
 
Are you able to get some aluminum strap and use the screws holes on the new light to create something?
 
Hey there!

First time posting on here!

I got an open box nicrew navareef 135. I already have a nicrew 150 that is mounted to the nicrew brand rail.

Didn’t realize that the navareef doesn’t have the same mounting top bracket/ hardware, so can’t currently attach it to the nicrew rail!!!

Anybody know of diy options, or other brands that would fit the screw pattern? (I’ve tried nicrews, Amazon, Etsy, some 3D printed websites, but nothing on the navareef lights.

Thanks!!!
The hanging kit is one crude way of being able to mount it to the rail.
You mean this type rail right?
Screenshot 2026-04-15 084545.png

Odd they didn't make them compatible but oh well.
Sounds like a job for the 3d printing wizards.. 🙂
  • Single bracket version for HyperReef 100 & 150 Gen 2 with X-Bracket
  • Also compatible with XR30 series and XR15 series lights
  • HyperReef series lights come with the bracket, no extra purchase needed
  • Ideal for tanks with thicknesses of 1/2 in and up, the minimum required thickness is 5/16 in
  • Not support NavaReef series lights
Screenshot 2026-04-15 084048.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new