Nicrew vs Noop vs Hipargero

  • Thread starter Thread starter ncsuben
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ncsuben

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2026
Messages
28
Reaction score
38
Location
Concord, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased my first reef tank: Red Sea reefer 425 G2…I know I know I’m hoping it doesn’t leak also, but the deal was too good.

Anyway, looking at reasonable lighting, primarily for SPS and LPS but maybe a birds nest or pocilopora toward the top.

My head is swimming with all the opinions out there. People love Noopsyche but HATE programming them. Nicrew seems well respected, but then there are other smaller brands like Hipargero and Viparspectra popping up.

If looking to be in the ballpark of these prices and wanting two lights to cover the 48” of the RS425…what would y’all recommend or what is your experience. Thank you!
 
The new noops are only 100w. I have used noops for a long time. The setup is frustrating. Programming isn’t horrible. Lights are amazing and inexpensive @$139 each.

I would look at 3 of the noops over that tank personally
 
My only experience is with nicrew.

Two 200watts cover 4ft very nicely. Personally I like the controller vs having an app but that's highly preferential.

It's a great light
 
My only experience is with nicrew.

Two 200watts cover 4ft very nicely. Personally I like the controller vs having an app but that's highly preferential.

It's a great light
Yeah I have freshwater planted tanks and having an app is nice…but once the light is set it’s set and the app becomes rarely used (after the initial build up period).
 
Im using two Hipargero. A100’s. I really like it and the par is amazing. I’ve tried the a8 pro max and a radion pro g4
20260527_215912_E89EFFCC-F32E-408D-B809-43709175B7AF.png

and I prefer these. I’m still doing some tweaking to get the purples to pop more.
 
There is a website that makes programming the noop super easy. Set your schedule & led channels on the website & then only use the app to import it via QR code. I run 2 noop k7 III pros with a orphek natura inbetween them. No complaints at all
 
LPS Noops are Awesome, more pop. SPS/Acros Nicrew HyperReef 200, more growth.

Photo is under HyperReef 200. Something about the Nicrew spectrum had my WD acro go bonkers.

NicrewReefShade.jpg
 
User your favorite search engine and look for the lights in question along with telegram - I think he has tested a couple of these kits. Should get some unbiased input there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new