Niger trigger fish eating small chromis fish!

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few weeks ago I noticed one of my chromis fish missing (I had 3). At first I figured it probably just jumped out of the tank when I wasn’t home and one of my cats ate it since I couldn’t find it on the floor anywhere. Now fast forward to today and I notice another one missing and again it’s also no where to be found. Now I’m kind of suspecting my red toothed trigger fish might be eating them? Has anyone had this problem? The guy at the LFS didn’t say anything about it eating smaller fish, he said they were quite friendly for trigger fish. Thanks for any info.

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So a few weeks ago I noticed one of my chromis fish missing (I had 3). At first I figured it probably just jumped out of the tank when I wasn’t home and one of my cats ate it since I couldn’t find it on the floor anywhere. Now fast forward to today and I notice another one missing and again it’s also no where to be found. Now I’m kind of suspecting my red toothed trigger fish might be eating them? Has anyone had this problem? The guy at the LFS didn’t say anything about it eating smaller fish, he said they were quite friendly for trigger fish. Thanks for any info.
When fish die for any reason a cleanup crew can literally make it disappear in no time! Haven’t had a trigger do that.

OP
OP
M

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When fish die for any reason a cleanup crew can literally make it disappear in no time! Haven’t had a trigger do that.
Ok that’s good to know. I wonder why 2 of them have died within the past month? I’ll go and buy a couple more this week because the poor guy left in there seems scared all by himself and I’ll keep a close eye to see if any more go missing. Thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate it.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok that’s good to know. I wonder why 2 of them have died within the past month? I’ll go and buy a couple more this week because the poor guy left in there seems scared all by himself and I’ll keep a close eye to see if any more go missing. Thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate it.
Frankly they are chromis, maybe fighting when you don't see it. Or check and see if the scales have a reddish color, they are notorious for uronema.

Back