Feeding my Eels with Aggressive Fish.

MXTWINS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All -
I have a 500G Fish Only Tank. I'm having a big issue on feeding my Eel's. I have Puffers 15" & 8", Huma Trigger 7", Tangs 6", Angels 6", Pollenei Grouper 5" & 3 Wrasse 5", that are aggressive eaters and will not let me feed my Eel's, Especially my puffers. I have a 15" Stars and Stripe that will not let me get food on a stick down to my Eel's. I've tried over feeding the puffers with giant shrimp and while chewing I'll try to feed the eels. Well, he spits out the food and goes after what I'm feeding the eels. Now, my Spotted Moray is a 4 footer and my White Eyes Moray 20" are getting to the point where they are getting mean as well. The Yellow-Head Moray 16" and two Snow Flakes 10" are now going after the Chromis in the tank. Had 20 chromis and now down to 2. Does anyone have any trick or idea's on how to feed my eels before that start eating everything in the tank ? ? ? ?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello All -
I have a 500G Fish Only Tank. I'm having a big issue on feeding my Eel's. I have Puffers 15" & 8", Huma Trigger 7", Tangs 6", Angels 6", Pollenei Grouper 5" & 3 Wrasse 5", that are aggressive eaters and will not let me feed my Eel's, Especially my puffers. I have a 15" Stars and Stripe that will not let me get food on a stick down to my Eel's. I've tried over feeding the puffers with giant shrimp and while chewing I'll try to feed the eels. Well, he spits out the food and goes after what I'm feeding the eels. Now, my Spotted Moray is a 4 footer and my White Eyes Moray 20" are getting to the point where they are getting mean as well. The Yellow-Head Moray 16" and two Snow Flakes 10" are now going after the Chromis in the tank. Had 20 chromis and now down to 2. Does anyone have any trick or idea's on how to feed my eels before that start eating everything in the tank ? ? ? ?
Can you put the food in a container with a smaller hole that the eels can reach into but your fish can’t? Weight the container down and place near their den.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can I see pictures of tank!?

I have similar issues with my eels , grunts in the tank eat the tong food, I sometimes use my hand to fend them off, although that wouldn’t work with your fish.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back