Will a red nobbed starfish eat snail's?

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a clean up crew for my 150 gallon aquarium with a 6 inch greasy grouper and pebble tooth eel(zebra moray) and a fangtooth eel will i be able to keep snails and a starfish? I too have a question concerning if my starfish will eat the nasarrius snails

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have a question concerning if my starfish will eat the nasarrius snails
There are couple of different starfish I've heard called Red Knobbed/Red Knobby starfish, and both of them reportedly eat a variety of inverts in our tanks, so it wouldn't surprise me if they ate any Nassarius snails they could catch.

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are couple of different starfish I've heard called Red Knobbed/Red Knobby starfish, and both of them reportedly eat a variety of inverts in our tanks, so it wouldn't surprise me if they ate any Nassarius snails they could catch.
Thank you for the information as alway's, would you recommend the red knobbed or the nasarrius snail's as cleaner crew?

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the information as alway's, would you recommend the red knobbed or the nasarrius snail's as cleaner crew?
I'd personally go with the Nassarius snails - to my knowledge, these shouldn't be preyed on by Zebra Eels or your grouper, and they should do a good job cleaning up any missed food.

OP
OP
H

HAAAAAAAA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd personally go with the Nassarius snails - to my knowledge, these shouldn't be preyed on by Zebra Eels or your grouper, and they should do a good job cleaning up any missed food.
Thank you! I would've gone to the beach to get them for free but the beach is about 150 miles (quite far) i got some from the beach a while back and they sure are like zombies who pop out of the sand and eat my tessalata's remained food, really cool to watch!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back