Will a red nobbed starfish eat snail's?

  • Thread starter Thread starter HAAAAAAAA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

HAAAAAAAA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2022
Messages
968
Reaction score
524
Location
Karnataka
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As a clean up crew for my 150 gallon aquarium with a 6 inch greasy grouper and pebble tooth eel(zebra moray) and a fangtooth eel will i be able to keep snails and a starfish? I too have a question concerning if my starfish will eat the nasarrius snails
 
I too have a question concerning if my starfish will eat the nasarrius snails
There are couple of different starfish I've heard called Red Knobbed/Red Knobby starfish, and both of them reportedly eat a variety of inverts in our tanks, so it wouldn't surprise me if they ate any Nassarius snails they could catch.
 
There are couple of different starfish I've heard called Red Knobbed/Red Knobby starfish, and both of them reportedly eat a variety of inverts in our tanks, so it wouldn't surprise me if they ate any Nassarius snails they could catch.
Thank you for the information as alway's, would you recommend the red knobbed or the nasarrius snail's as cleaner crew?
 
Thank you for the information as alway's, would you recommend the red knobbed or the nasarrius snail's as cleaner crew?
I'd personally go with the Nassarius snails - to my knowledge, these shouldn't be preyed on by Zebra Eels or your grouper, and they should do a good job cleaning up any missed food.
 
I'd personally go with the Nassarius snails - to my knowledge, these shouldn't be preyed on by Zebra Eels or your grouper, and they should do a good job cleaning up any missed food.
Thank you! I would've gone to the beach to get them for free but the beach is about 150 miles (quite far) i got some from the beach a while back and they sure are like zombies who pop out of the sand and eat my tessalata's remained food, really cool to watch!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new