Niger Trigger not doing good.

zatchyvsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have a Niger trigger(very small) in my 75 gallon tank. Over the past week he had developed a swollen cloudy eye and a bit of paleness and flakiness to his fins and tail fin. I thought it could have been my blue tang that hurt him because the tang was very aggressive. I rehomed the tang about a week ago to restore balance to my tank. The trigger has been eating and swimming great. I didn’t want to necessarily move him to a QT tank because he was very active and motivated to eat and I didn’t want to cause unneeded stress. That is until today when I went to feed the fish and there was no sign of the trigger (which he usually always comes out for food) I found him wedged in the rock work and I honestly thought he was dead. I pulled apart the rock work and he drifted out and slowly swam around the tank. I immediately moved him to my hospital tank, and applied Melafix at the right dosage. All other fish in 75gal are doing great, eating, swimming, no sign of distress.

It’s probably too late for my trigger but I will keep trying for him. He now lays at the bottom of the tank and does not move but still alive. Any suggestions or insight. Pics are below.

In my main display,
Niger Trigger
Flame Hawkfish
Royal Gramma
Mandarin
2 clowns
4 fire goby
4 cardinals
1 fairy wrasse
1 Gem Tang
2 Hippo Tangs
1 lawn mower

All fish are still very small and I am currently getting a 250gal Red Sea tank installed in October of this year.

Main display parameters
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 5

Everything else is good.

D49F43C5-1868-4B56-8654-4EE6AFAE694D.jpeg 896D7FA0-0797-4929-BBA2-AC081FCB138B.jpeg A2CB5648-7137-423C-AAE5-A55FDE563146.jpeg

Reaper1186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your tank sounds like mine, ive noticed my trigger and my wife mandarin hanging out all the time, time for the trigger to heal

sc50964

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he breathing heavy? How are other fish doing? Any scratching or yawning behavior? Anything unusual about their ways of swimming or where they stay within the tank?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back