OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't but that could be helpful. I wouldn't use extra hot water then if running them. May try that next time.
Within the past year I did 2 full cleanings with citric acid (1 cup/gal), first one was a stagnant soak, second one I ran a wave maker in there for circulation, which worked mucchhh better.

My $.02 :grinning-face:
Well i did vinegar and warm water ran pumps forward and reverse scrubbed and repeat....rinsed in saltwater from wc threw them in the tank after a 5min rinse and omg what a diff. In flow and appearance that bucket was nasty nasty when I got done.....something about cleaning day just makes this tank pop like literally clean and clear and under control......testing phosphate and nitrates here in a few. But here are some pics after cleaning day....
20230918_192008.jpg
20230918_192033.jpg
20230918_192044.jpg

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Phos down to a .28 and nitrates down to a 38.....should be back to normal tomorrow. Have good growth and encrusting going on right now and the hammers are budding right now so hoping that continues....hope everyone has a good night....been coaching my sons team for soccer this season.....so far so good they are 2-0 on the season same with my younger sons team....

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been going through a lot lately and have had some really rough weeks. I had some amazing cronies reach out and check on me and make sure i am ok. Needless to say I was at a point where nothing really seemed to make sense or help. I tried my hardest to bottle it up and get through it but it just seemed to make things worse. I am sorry yall for being absent and vacant. I think I speak for a lot of people when i say I have never been the one to put my own business on others and i tend to isolate when things get to be a little too much. The tanks are in good health and even though they have been just didnt have the joy I used to because of everything else going on. Work has been a struggle and finances have been well tbh none. I tried to keep going and just felt like things were crumbling even faster. I cherish all of you as not just friends but family. The relationships I have gained on here mean more to me then some people I have known my whole life and for that I am truly blessed. I am sorry for disappearing and for not being active on a forum that has helped me realize exactly what friends and family is. I will slowly be coming back and posting some updates cause I know without all of you I am completely lost. I was depressed and instead of reaching out to those of you that have been rock solid I chose to hide and try and fight the demons alone. I just want you all to know how much all of you truly mean to me. I hope all is well and that your lives are blessed.... keep on reefin on everybody ill be reaching out to a few people tonight via phone to talk and i just want you all to know even if you dont get a call I really appreciate and respect all of you.

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been going through a lot lately and have had some really rough weeks. I had some amazing cronies reach out and check on me and make sure i am ok. Needless to say I was at a point where nothing really seemed to make sense or help. I tried my hardest to bottle it up and get through it but it just seemed to make things worse. I am sorry yall for being absent and vacant. I think I speak for a lot of people when i say I have never been the one to put my own business on others and i tend to isolate when things get to be a little too much. The tanks are in good health and even though they have been just didnt have the joy I used to because of everything else going on. Work has been a struggle and finances have been well tbh none. I tried to keep going and just felt like things were crumbling even faster. I cherish all of you as not just friends but family. The relationships I have gained on here mean more to me then some people I have known my whole life and for that I am truly blessed. I am sorry for disappearing and for not being active on a forum that has helped me realize exactly what friends and family is. I will slowly be coming back and posting some updates cause I know without all of you I am completely lost. I was depressed and instead of reaching out to those of you that have been rock solid I chose to hide and try and fight the demons alone. I just want you all to know how much all of you truly mean to me. I hope all is well and that your lives are blessed.... keep on reefin on everybody ill be reaching out to a few people tonight via phone to talk and i just want you all to know even if you dont get a call I really appreciate and respect all of you.
I think we've all been there a time or two. I'm living paycheck to paycheck myself mostly due to medical debt. Never feel bad about reaching out...you never know when it might be just what someone else needs to see to know they're not alone in their struggles. :)

OP
OP
N1tew0lf1212

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for reaching out and work has completely flopped my schedule to overnights its been rough readjusting back with another readjustment coming to go back to days shortly....hope all is well everyone just trying to take it a day at a time and breathe sometimes when life gets crazy i forget to do that

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for reaching out and work has completely flopped my schedule to overnights its been rough readjusting back with another readjustment coming to go back to days shortly....hope all is well everyone just trying to take it a day at a time and breathe sometimes when life gets crazy i forget to do that
mood keep swimming GIF

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back