Night time flow

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was just reading the flow post and it got me wondering how you handle night time flow. Do your pumps adjust automatically like some jebao or neros? If not do you have them on a controller or timer? Do you just run the same flow/program all day 24/7? I don't own a controller at the moment so anything I'm using needs to have programmability. Obviously I'm not talking about your return pump but in tank power heads or flow pumps.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a combination of Neptune Apex running pumps and a Gyre pump currently. I used to just have them all run through Apex. My 40g/20g, run the same program 24/7 as I do not have them on a controller.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
So I was just reading the flow post and it got me wondering how you handle night time flow. Do your pumps adjust automatically like some jebao or neros? If not do you have them on a controller or timer? Do you just run the same flow/program all day 24/7? I don't own a controller at the moment so anything I'm using needs to have programmability. Obviously I'm not talking about your return pump but in tank power heads or flow pumps.
I run same flow continuously. In the past I had it ramp down along with lights and saw no advantage

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a period of time over night where I have the pumps scheduled to blast high levels of flow. With a bare bottom tank, I’ve found this to be helpful for really stirring things up and making it easier to export gunk. The corals are closed up for the night and less likely to be battered or harmed from the much higher flow.

SaltyTwigs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run Reef Crest mode on Vortech pumps in all my systems, so every pump constantly changes. However, there is an hour during the day that I increase the overall intensity of the Reef Crest mode to help stir things up and get extra stuff to the sumps.

OP
OP
twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back when I got out of reefing vortechs were just becoming popular. I had a lot of Tunze and koralia these are not controllable in my lps tank I had them on a timer to help when the corals were closed up. With all the new controllable type out there I was wondering if it even mattered.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back