Nitrates Level and NOPOX

Robert Vacchiano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using Ro water for your water changes by doing 50 percent on a 15 your nitrates should be down to 50 . Stick with salfert the other kit is not great it always reads higher than it is

Robert Vacchiano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using Ro water for your water changes . They should not still be that high with 50 percent water changes unless your water source has nitrates in it

pga7602

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Non of this makes sense... I would retest a brand new bucket of water... If you are relying on someone else to test don't do nopox.... Nopox has to be monitored daily... It took my tank about 2 weeks to see any affect.

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes im using RO water mixed with red sea salt (from my LFS) before adding that i also tested that water and it's showing 0. I'm testing daily and it's my 1st week. so i will give it bit time.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the nitrate is really elevated, NOPOX or other carbon dosing (viengar, vodka, etc.) is a fine plan and it will take some time for the levels to come down,. 4 days is not enough unless you add a massive dose.

You want the drop to take weeks, not days. :)

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the nitrate is really elevated, NOPOX or other carbon dosing (viengar, vodka, etc.) is a fine plan and it will take some time for the levels to come down,. 4 days is not enough unless you add a massive dose.

You want the drop to take weeks, not days. :)

yup gotcha. this is the 1st time im using it. Hopefully by next week it will be under control :)

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 136 60.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.3%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 81 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 63 27.9%
Back