Nitrite problem

KentuckyReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2016
Messages
43
Reaction score
6
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to say my tank is stuck in the nitrite phase of the cycle. The nitrites have been off the charts for about 3 weeks now. Should I do a water change or let the tank establish more bacteria and process the nitrites?
 
I want to say my tank is stuck in the nitrite phase of the cycle. The nitrites have been off the charts for about 3 weeks now. Should I do a water change or let the tank establish more bacteria and process the nitrites?
Can you explain how you started your cycle to get to this point?
 
I started my cycle with 40lbs of dry rock and about 30lbs of live sand
What did you add as your ammonia source?

What are you ammonia and nitrate currently reading?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new