Nitrite Spike in QT

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was talking about the entire board, not your little domain. And I stand by my comment. A lot of the information offered up by supposed “experts” on this board is not only unhelpful, but some of it is quite destructive. Have a nice day.

Well, it's "my little domain" where you took a thread with entirely accurate advice, and said folks should look elsewhere for better advice DESPITE the fact that you posted the same advice that I already posted 6 years ago.

You don't find that ironic?

I find it insulting, and weird.

Maybe try looking for threads with advice you believe is incorrect and correct them. Leave the good ones alone. :)

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's "my little domain" where you took a thread with entirely accurate advice, and said folks should look elsewhere for better advice DESPITE the fact that you posted the same advice that I already posted 6 years ago.

You don't find that ironic?

I find it insulting, and weird.

Maybe try looking for threads with advice you believe is incorrect and correct them. Leave the good ones alone. :)
Great. Now if you could tell me how a newbie knows the difference between good advice and bad advice? I’m not worried about me. I come here to try to help people. Others, not you, have maybe other motives. It’s sad when I see someone at a loss to explain why all his torch corals are dying, all his other corals are fine and he has no idea why. And some genius tells him that he needs to treat his aquarium with an antibiotic. Which subsequently doesn’t work, and then all his corals continue to die. When all he needed to do was to clean his sand bed. That bothers me. But I’ve come to accept it. My apologies if you took my comment about finding information from a more reputable source than this board as an insult. It certainly wasn’t meant to insult you. We’ve, you and I, have already established your credentials.

Last edited:

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great. Now if you could tell me how a newbie knows the difference between good advice and bad advice?

If it's chemistry advice, come to the Reef Chemistry forum at Reef2Reef. :)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I certainly agree that it is hard for new reefers to know what advice is good and what is not.

It is also very hard for even experienced reefers when the advice from companies of all sorts indicates that all sorts of products will enhance growth and color, despite no clear evidence whether it is true or not. Then some people read it, and repost it as if it were accepted fact.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 153 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.3%
Back