Nitrogen Bubbles or Caulerpa Prolifera Pearling?

  • Thread starter Thread starter KVYA
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KVYA

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 28, 2015
Messages
844
Reaction score
223
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed recently that I have a lot of bubbles in my tank that are getting stuck to the live rock.

This is a 10g nano reef

I have a 3-4in. DSB and I disturbed a little part of it and bubbles started coming out. Are these nitrogen bubbles? I have only had the tank setup for about 3-4 months so I'm kinda surprised if the anaerobic bacteria is already starting to grow.

I got some Caulerpa Prolifera last week so I wasn't sure if the bubbles were also coming from the caulerpa pearling.

Could the bubbles be a combination of both? I also see a bunch of bubbles stuck to the LR, could this just be from the bubbles blowing around?
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new