No electricity for 5 days

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a 5 days without electricity in freezing temperatures in Texas :( I managed to keep a generator tubing for my tank for 1 day and gas was completely wiped out of the city temperatures got in the 30 inside my home and kept up with my tank every 30 minutes for all this days straight with no sleep managed to keep one of my tanks in the 64 degrees but the nano :( 56 degrees a lot of my zoas aren’t opening up lost a lot of my fish and sps are bleaching :( hammers and frogspawns look like they are probobly going to come back...
my water is súper couldn’t and is going they a bacterial bloom
Some eupipment didn’t come back online :( they are dead

Willl my zoas come and all my soft coral all my zoas were throwing a brown film from their mouth. That I never seen before what can I do for them I still have no water and there is no water in the stores

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shut it down and restart when things get back to normal.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your lights on or off and if on, are they full level power

some collected actions here

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your lights on or off and if on, are they full level power
Lol won’t matter, most everything dead and it’s gonna need a complete tear down otherwise will never be the same again

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I just listed before and after pics in the link above for light modulated bleach protection, guess it matters.

your sum total offer so far leaves me finding nothing very sincere or practiced.

Above we listed what we think the right steps to preserve the system would be, based on much practice with logging outcomes for things. The corals might can be preserved in smaller systems that can be taken and bubbled to a different place that’s heated...creativity was more what we were wanting, it’s helpful. His corals are not past saving so far.

if you’ve put thought into it, and have a counter offer that’s helpful, link right here ——>

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I just listed before and after pics in the link above for light modulated bleach protection, guess it matters.

your sum total offer so far is that something doesn’t matter, got it.

Above we listed what we think the right steps to preserve the system would be, based on much practice with logging outcomes for things.

if you’ve put thought into it, and have a counter offer that’s helpful, link right here ——>
Absolutely not...

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wasnt expecting a link btw

Jorge why not consider some of the rehoming and transport systems we discussed above. There’s a point where the whole thing is lost but you aren’t there yet, thought it was at least fair to offer something that could be decisive.

the portion about bottle bac stands out. It stands out where we take reef tank restoration seriously... not that the claim won’t be debated just to post negatives but you can tell where the job is taken seriously.

everyone has an idea of what works and what doesn’t, the offer above is written with the aim of restoration based on relation to hundreds of prior jobs for home moves and mitigation from other tank insults.

Accepting any other links at any time for reading, any other possible related work showing alternate ideas would be very helpful here.

Last edited:

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i wasnt expecting you to post a link btw, not at any time and not in the future.

Jorge why not consider some of the rehoming and transport systems we discussed above.
Why would I post a link? It’s common knowledge thats once livestock dies and starts decaying, everything in the sand bed and within the rock will follow suit.
Unless one takes out the sand bed, and either rinses it until clear or better yet replaced the sand and clean out the rock pores. All these dead tanks in TX are gonna realize why their tank is algae plagued and never returns to normal.

Hence a complete reboot. Ya it sux but it’s the absolute truth.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you are right, you are known for typing exactly that summary above all over the internet.

Jorge I think a portable system that bubbles can be car transported to safer places to bubble, the corals do not have to ride out in the house

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jorge

since you are water short drain off some from the main tank to use, as clean as possible

fish can go into a transport with corals and some clean live rock but not many, one per container if its small and if the fish dies its quickly pulled out and the rest of the transport system can still last a few days. Tea jars and large pitchers can be bubbled with bait bubblers. In most places petsmart and petco are back open and they may or may not have boxed ocean water depending on rush buys etc

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before and after pictures some refers just gave me water for water changes tested all my parameters and so far everything looks good expect for nitrates are at 10 they haven’t been that up since years ago would a 50 percent water change help

Attachments

• 4DD37FDC-CEB1-4108-842D-0F5EB7B81623.jpeg
    4DD37FDC-CEB1-4108-842D-0F5EB7B81623.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 93
  • 910D1146-1454-4D52-861D-1F07682AA793.jpeg
    910D1146-1454-4D52-861D-1F07682AA793.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 86

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like your tank is fine. Plenty of options have been reviewed should it get challenged.

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blue one is how my tank is doing rigth now the nano tank I completely tore it down and took u all advice everything is in bins water is stable for now and looking good will have to do a water change in the tank 80 percent
And let see if they keep stable the nitrates on that tank were at 40 with coral bleaching sad day for me today

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The blues is how the tank is doing and where the coral are all open is how it used to look

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before and after pictures some refers just gave me water for water changes tested all my parameters and so far everything looks good expect for nitrates are at 10 they haven’t been that up since years ago would a 50 percent water change help
This don’t look so bad as you have made it sound

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"light modulated bleach protection"

"rehoming and transport systems"

Can you explain what these? You seems to make up terms a lot, terms that no uses and many dont understand, why?

Also I can't get to your build thread through your badge, do you have personal experience with these in large tanks? Thanks just want to understand.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A link was posted, you skipped reading to doubt and ask that?

not one poster in the thread had any contextual trouble in the description of steps... we missed that here though.

I see you have a reef tank on rtr

do you have any links that show you working with reef tank restoration? Why do critics not automatically post their work first as the actual doubt, can we see alternatives vs typed critique for once?

after you let me know your angle here, I’ll post a few more links but only if you have something on point to offer. I dont think you do so the links won’t matter. If you dont have any to show you working with distressed tanks, then your working reef isn’t much help, and your request fully insincere.

this thread is missing a challenged reef + the positive actions we should consider to head off loss, but it’s got the critique. And full on lights

posts here have been educational, teamwork-oriented. thoughtful.

Last edited:

reefrun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a very similar situation.. swapping out hot water bags every 30 mins 24 hrs/day and zoa shroom tank staying 54-60degrees. I added a few drops lugols and did a lugol dip for ones looking particularly bad. 2 days later all but one zoa is opened and looks like things might be ok. Sorry to see people being so forceful with their opinions, it’s hard for others to understand how exhausting and painful this is. Hopefully things work out for you

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, I think you're going to make it. 10 for nitrate isn't the end of the world - don't chase numbers. Lookout for ammonia and nitrite. A water change is a good idea.
Glad you are back up and running - everyone is safe and sound!
#Texasstrong

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back