No idea what the last few fish should be.

  • Thread starter Thread starter edsbeaker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

edsbeaker

Grandma Has A Reef Obsession
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2013
Messages
4,017
Reaction score
16,327
Location
Westfield, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I could use some help deciding what else to add to my 75 gallon aquarium.
Please note that it is only 36” long, not 48”

What’s in there now:

2 snowflake clowns
Royal Gramma
Gold Midas Blenny
Starry Blenny
Flame Angel
Tomini Tang
2 large scarlet cleaner shrimp


What I would like to add:

1. 2nd Dwarf angel: Is there a dwarf angel that looks different enough from my flame angel that will have a pretty good chance of not being bullied?

2. Hawkfish: Would my LARGE cleaner shrimps be OK and remain out in the open if I tried to add either a Flame Hawkfish or a Longnose Hawkfish? I understand the Longnose may be the safer bet.

3. Two colorful wrasses: I would love to add two different colorful wrasses that would stay small enough for this tank. I have never kep any wrasses, but I don’t want to end up with one that loses color. Please help with suggestions on types, if any, that remain beautiful as adults and stay that way, and that will get along.

Any other ideas of other fish that might be interesting to add if another angel or Hawkfish would not work

Thank you!
 
Last edited:
Honestly?
I'm going to say you're full.
Just my opinion.
No angel for sure.
Not enough room.
Long nosed will take out the shrimp in no time.
Might sneak in a small wrasse but I'm no wrasse expert.
 
Honestly?
I'm going to say you're full.
Just my opinion.
No angel for sure.
Not enough room.
Long nosed will take out the shrimp in no time.
Might sneak in a small wrasse but I'm no wrasse expert.
Yeah, six line or pink streak
 
I would get one wrasse, most do not lose color over time. I believe you are thinking of male fairys.

Sixline, Yellow wrasse, leopard, etc.

Pick one and be done. Your tank is pretty full.
 
I’d say it depends on your setup. Some setups need more fish to provide adequate nutrients to the tank, while others have high nitrate and phosphate problems. In my case I’m always in danger of bottoming out my nitrates so I’m adding a lot of fish to my 80gallon.
If you’re in the need more nutrients camp I think a single Anthias would be great, I love mine always out and aggressively feeding. Swims along side the midas blenny. I’m also looking at a leopard wrasse to add near the end of my stock list, which should fit in fine in your crew too. They just need a good pod population and some sand to sleep in.
I’m with others on not adding another angel or the hawkish.
 
Hi,
I could use some help deciding what else to add to my 75 gallon aquarium.
Please note that it is only 36” long, not 48”

What’s in there now:

2 snowflake clowns
Royal Gramma
Gold Midas Blenny
Starry Blenny
Flame Angel
Tomini Tang
2 large scarlet cleaner shrimp


What I would like to add:

1. 2nd Dwarf angel: Is there a dwarf angel that looks different enough from my flame angel that will have a pretty good chance of not being bullied?

2. Hawkfish: Would my LARGE cleaner shrimps be OK and remain out in the open if I tried to add either a Flame Hawkfish or a Longnose Hawkfish? I understand the Longnose may be the safer bet.

3. Two colorful wrasses: I would love to add two different colorful wrasses that would stay small enough for this tank. I have never kep any wrasses, but I don’t want to end up with one that loses color. Please help with suggestions on types, if any, that remain beautiful as adults and stay that way, and that will get along.

Any other ideas of other fish that might be interesting to add if another angel or Hawkfish would not work

Thank you!
Yep A sixline or another small wrasse would be a good option considering its one of the last in the tank but unsure if another dwarf angel would fit. Some alternatives maybe a halichoeres wrasse or a fathead anthias
 
Thank you everyone. I’m glad I asked because I didn’t think I was full! I’ll get a wrasse then and be done.
Or.... don't get a wrasse and still be done. It's a 3 foot tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new