No longer just lurking!

PuffParty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all!

Glad to finally be posting and not just creeping! I've learned a lot from these forums in the 8 years I've been keeping marine fish, so I guess I finally took the dive (yes, pun intended).

I currently have a 40gal tank with a valentini puffer, clownfish, and royal gramma along with some hermits and astrea snails. Valentini is 5 years old, clown is 8, and the gramma is my new little guy.

Right now I'm working on trying to set up an in-tank refugium to get a pod colony to supplement a scooter blenny in the future hopefully... it's my first time trying a refugium at all, so we'll see how that goes and see if I can get enough pods growing in there.

Nice to meet you all!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

OP
OP
PuffParty

PuffParty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you jumped in, but please work on those puns.:crying-face: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :smiling-face-with-halo:

Welcome to Reef2Reef. This is a serious forum.

Excited Dance GIF by Neil Sanders
:smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

What better way to show up right off the bat than being corny, that way everyone knows not to expect too much! Ha. I'll have to get some new material that maybe everyone hasn't heard 5000 times before :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Thanks though, everyone!! Glad to be here!

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, all!

Glad to finally be posting and not just creeping! I've learned a lot from these forums in the 8 years I've been keeping marine fish, so I guess I finally took the dive (yes, pun intended).

I currently have a 40gal tank with a valentini puffer, clownfish, and royal gramma along with some hermits and astrea snails. Valentini is 5 years old, clown is 8, and the gramma is my new little guy.

Right now I'm working on trying to set up an in-tank refugium to get a pod colony to supplement a scooter blenny in the future hopefully... it's my first time trying a refugium at all, so we'll see how that goes and see if I can get enough pods growing in there.

Nice to meet you all!
Welcome.

Pretty good crew to jump in with.

Be nice and so will they.

Don't let your wife move your tank on a whim.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What better way to show up right off the bat than being corny, that way everyone knows not to expect too much! Ha. I'll have to get some new material that maybe everyone hasn't heard 5000 times before :grinning-face-with-sweat:

Thanks though, everyone!! Glad to be here!
You stole all my lines, but you are still Welcome to Reef2Reef! Seriously! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses:

OP
OP
PuffParty

PuffParty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome.

Pretty good crew to jump in with.

Be nice and so will they.

Don't let your wife move your tank on a whim.
Haha, it'll be the boyfriend if anything! Luckily the tank isn't going anywhere though, he's bracketed it into the wall. When we have space, we'll move back up to a 55gal (I had to downsize when we moved in, I had a 55 for 5 years). I've gotten him hooked on fish now, the scooter blenny and our gramma are both his ideas! Only downside is I had to let him help decorate, so the tank is a bit more... quirky than I would have done alone :face-with-tears-of-joy: gotta love getting a partner into fish though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back