BRS

Double monti 61

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi had a small problem with aptasia at first I was able to keep them in control with aptasia x but a few began to grow in an area that I could not reach at that point I decided to look online for a site that sold peppermint shrimp in the past most inverts I had purchased to try and eliminate pest did not work. I purchased a peppermint shrimp from an online retailer and received it in excellent condition i acclimated it and put it in my tank and obviously for the first few days it stayed low then it molted that is when good thing happened I believe after it molted it was in need of nourishment and then devoured my aptasia all them!

Lazy's Coral House

Peace River

Thrive Master
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Good for you! Aiptasia can be a huge problem and it's great when you find a solution that works!

JGT

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi had a small problem with aptasia at first I was able to keep them in control with aptasia x but a few began to grow in an area that I could not reach at that point I decided to look online for a site that sold peppermint shrimp in the past most inverts I had purchased to try and eliminate pest did not work. I purchased a peppermint shrimp from an online retailer and received it in excellent condition i acclimated it and put it in my tank and obviously for the first few days it stayed low then it molted that is when good thing happened I believe after it molted it was in need of nourishment and then devoured my aptasia all them!
Just make sure he doesn’t acquire a taste for your corals now that Aiptasia are toast. Some have been known to do that.

OP
Double monti 61

Double monti 61

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hopefully it would like to eat the palythoa that began to grow very well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 11
Queen City Corals