No more free shipping

  • Thread starter Thread starter bubbaque
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2016
Messages
6,362
Reaction score
20,892
Location
Central Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is free shipping no longer offered on items under $20?
 
I just noticed this also, I support BRS decision to charge $1.99 to ship for under $20. Shipping charges can get very expensive and that is a really low price point to offer free shipping. I rarely order online for things under $20, only if it's for things that are unavailable locally for me, so this does not affect me much, but I do ship inexpensive items quite often and to ship for free would put me at a loss, thus I support the flat $1.99 under $20 shipping charges. At that rate they are probably only breaking even. Just my 2 cents
 
No problems here either. I usually pay the 4.99 anyways to avoid the ups surepost shipping.
 
That's still a bargain considering you may get..........
20180131_120352-jpg.664370
 
We really appreciate the understanding and support guys. We've done our best to make this as low-impact as possible, but as others have alluded to, while free shipping on a $2 part is nice, it was never really a sustainable model for us. We're keeping the cost and threshold as low as we can, and I think the clear benefit here is that even for larger orders that may qualify for free economy shipping, you can now upgrade for even less. I think the $1.99 shipping is a no-brainer!
 
Good move. No minimum free shipping isn’t sustainable and it creates lots of packaging waste for tiny orders.
 
Lol I don’t think I’ve ever had an order under $20! But honestly $2 is nothing, I’m also shocked that you guys haven’t done this sooner! Keep up the good work guys!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new