No more water changes

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red-Sea-Coral-Colors-ABCD-Supplements-4-Pack-98.jpg

If I only dose RedSea Trace ABCD and BRS 2 part + Mag would I need to dose anything else to be able to no longer do water changes?

I've used Triton in the past but I am trying to find a new "method" to use.

Thanks

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red-Sea-Coral-Colors-ABCD-Supplements-4-Pack-98.jpg

If I only dose RedSea Trace ABCD and BRS 2 part + Mag would I need to dose anything else to be able to no longer do water changes?

I've used Triton in the past but I am trying to find a new "method" to use.

Thanks

You’ll probably be fine. The issue with all (inc.triton) TE dosing regiments is a chance of accumulation of certain elements.

Doing an occasional ICP will help prevent some of that.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ll probably be fine. The issue with all (inc.triton) TE dosing regiments is a chance of accumulation of certain elements.

Doing an occasional ICP will help prevent some of that.
Forgot to mention....but yes I would be doing ICP tests to confirm everything is in check.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention....but yes I would be doing ICP tests to confirm everything is in check.

Over time you’ll get a sense if any of the more important (as far as we know) TEs are depleted or if you have too much of any that would require a water change.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over time you’ll get a sense if any of the more important (as far as we know) TEs are depleted or if you have too much of any that would require a water change.
I agree. My tank used up K more frequently and I had to dose a little extra of that to get it back in check. O do not have an issue doing a water change every now and then to get everything back on track. I just do not want to do them weekly or monthly.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. My tank used up K more frequently and I had to dose a little extra of that to get it back in check. O do not have an issue doing a water change every now and then to get everything back on track. I just do not want to do them weekly or monthly.

Amen to that. Even now that I’ve automated water changes I still hate doing it. I’ve switched to dosing Tropic marin elements, only 2 bottles so easier on the dosers lol

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amen to that. Even now that I’ve automated water changes I still hate doing it. I’ve switched to dosing Tropic marin elements, only 2 bottles so easier on the dosers lol
Lol its funny how soon as you automate one thing, something else becomes a pain. I never liked doing water changes, and the tank somewhat suffered because of it. Then I built a system to automate a small daily water change. Now it is a pain when the storage tank is empty and I have to refill it and mix new salt in.

OP
OP
Brian W

Brian W

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol its funny how soon as you automate one thing, something else becomes a pain. I never liked doing water changes, and the tank somewhat suffered because of it. Then I built a system to automate a small daily water change. Now it is a pain when the storage tank is empty and I have to refill it and mix new salt in.
I know all about it. I change my clownfish broodstock tank weekly and hate that I 9nly had a 55 gallon barrel. Wish I hadva 275 gallon tote. I will gave one as soon as I move into a house and not on the 2nd floor apartment.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know all about it. I change my clownfish broodstock tank weekly and hate that I 9nly had a 55 gallon barrel. Wish I hadva 275 gallon tote. I will gave one as soon as I move into a house and not on the 2nd floor apartment.

Are you running a clown harem or breeding clowns? I’m considering converting my reefer 350 to a clown harem but not easy to find juveniles.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back