No name acropora picture thread

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These threads normally don’t go to far but it would be amazing if we can keep one going longer than a few pages.

Seems everything has a name attached to it now so I figured it would be good to have people share their acros that they got wild, maricultured, or just from a place that didn’t name it. I have seen some beauties in tanks that were no names and there has to be a ton out there even now. So please share your favorites and give any info on where it’s from (figi, Aussie etc.) if you happen to know.

There were so many stunners coming from Bali and figi a while ago and I am hoping some people have some of those still going. I will try and get a pic of my favorite from figi as soon as I can.
If your in Australia (or any area near a reef) please share with us your favorite pieces, even if it has a name locally out there. A lot of the ultra stuff doesn’t make it to the us and we would love to see it!

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was some type of branching info acro. Ugly brown but grows super thick and like weeds

15732547139896075512058160177373.jpg

Nano10

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had a larger tank that was thriving I'd love to pick up no names that catch my eye just to see what they turn into to.

At swaps I'll see tons of no name acros that look like they could have potential. Hell, all the big name designer acros started as just that.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a red planet and a nice ice fire echinata.

I have red planet as well. It’s similar but different. Definitely not an echinata for the other one. I have a larger piece mounted in the rock work. Growth isn’t right. I can’t get a decent pic of the bigger mounted one because it’s back pretty far from the front of the tank.

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have red planet as well. It’s similar but different. Definitely not an echinata for the other one. I have a larger piece mounted in the rock work. Growth isn’t right. I can’t get a decent pic of the bigger mounted one because it’s back pretty far from the front of the tank.

The red planet look like is definitly in the same family. Are you 100% positive that is not an ice fire? Just saying here is mine and started off exactly like yours.

15732626225137192755863213161079.jpg

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The red planet look like is definitly in the same family. Are you 100% positive that is not an ice fire? Just saying here is mine and started off exactly like yours.

15732626225137192755863213161079.jpg

Yea. The growth on the frag is a little odd because it started as two single polyp frags that I accidentally broke off when mounting the main piece. It’s finally getting ready to start branching out now. The main pieces growth doesn’t look like an echinata.

I agree the other is likely in the same family as red planet. Colors are a bit different when they are side by side though. Got it from a wild chopped up piece from a place in California.

OP
OP
Graffiti Spot

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishfinder that looks like a nice piece to me! I would love to come across that one these days, was it a Bali piece? Looks like a selago maybe.

Keep the pics coming guys I am suprised at the amount of pics so far! Now I basically have to share mine...

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishfinder that looks like a nice piece to me! I would love to come across that one these days, was it a Bali piece? Looks like a selago maybe.

Keep the pics coming guys I am suprised at the amount of pics so far! Now I basically have to share mine...

Sometimes nasuta can grow very similarly to selago, I'm thinking that's what FishFinder has there.

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice finger gash. I got this from my tank. Lol

20190509_065017.jpg
Uhhh
Don’t know how those extra pics snuck their way in, but we should all wear gloves when cleaning our skimmers. I’m going on 3 weeks now and about to have my second surgery on it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 35.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 26.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back