• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

No Response

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered a pico reactor from Makerofthings that I found on this forum. It’s been 2 weeks and I haven’t heard nothing from him.

Has anyone dealt with him in these forums. Seems he left me hanging after my last question to him.

986C5B6A-8609-42BF-A6A3-8837D5170D88.png EC23DD69-DB4A-4B10-8564-6339335B814D.png

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
My guess would be the holidays but no excuse not to send a quick reply
He won’t be seeing my money

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me also correct my stuff here. I ordered it about 2 weeks ago and we talked about a bracket for the sump after I ordered it.

I sent him this message on Tuesday and he hasn’t response. My mistake.

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t jump to filing a chargeback just yet. I’ve seen this guy around a few forums, and he seems to genuinely just be a hobbyist trying to build stuff for other hobbyists. I’d give him a few more days to respond. He’s definitely not just a straight up scammer.

OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t jump to filing a chargeback just yet. I’ve seen this guy around a few forums, and he seems to genuinely just be a hobbyist trying to build stuff for other hobbyists. I’d give him a few more days to respond. He’s definitely not just a straight up scammer.
Yea I have not filed one yet. Was just curious cause last time I ordered and this happened I ended up not getting any product. Different seller.

I wanna order other stuff from him but this just hurt my confidence in doing that.

qhduong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the dosing container and frag rack from him. Took a while to receive, but he was prompt with communication. Product is not a nice print, I'm waiting on some replacement cap for the dosing container...

OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the dosing container and frag rack from him. Took a while to receive, but he was prompt with communication. Product is not a nice print, I'm waiting on some replacement cap for the dosing container...
Yea being honest I still haven’t heard anything from him. Thought maybe this post would have him reach out to me but nothing yet. Sucks cause I was interested in purchasing something else from him but I’ll guess I’ll find some one else to make it.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clear things up here....

The first few messages you sent me I responded right away, even though it was just before Christmas. You then asked about doing a custom hanger to fit your sump and I said I'd be able to, you then sent me measurements and I went ahead and designed and printed a one off hanger for you completely free of charge.

The only issue, which I understand, is that I never replied to you after that, but again, middle of the holidays and I had told you I'm extremely busy. I also told you it could be more than a 2 week wait due to the holidays and when you ordered.

The problem with trying to get support via R2R is once I open the message, unless I have a minute to reply to it, it basically falls off the radar.

If you had genuine concerns you could email me via my website which has various contact pages, or reply to your order confirmation.

I've now shipped over 100 reefing related items and have had only 2-3 customers reach out with issues which I've done my best to resolve. Things happen unfortunately... Stuff breaks in shipping, QC gets missed, things are forgotten. 2-3% of the time isn't too bad considering the low cost of all the items and that I am literally doing this as 1 of 3 jobs at the moment.

I've also got several retailers currently using the products and loving them, they're pushing me extremely hard to almost double all my prices because "well, you could get away with charging at least double" but I'm not doing that. I am trying my hardest to be fair to the community.

Another important note, these products are extremely cheap! Have you seen the crazy mark up most items get just for having the word "reef" included. I am genuinely trying to keep costs as low as possible while still creating a FUNCTIONAL product. It can't always be pretty. Cheap, functional, pretty. Pick two.

At the end of the day, I'm sorry for taking a couple extra days for not getting back to you over the holidays. If you need more prompt responses, email

[email protected]

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man, sorry again for the delays.

And yep, those replacements are printed and ready to go out on Monday! Should have them by Wednesday.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.

I've been doing custom fabrication work for 10+ years and dealing with chargebacks is awful. It's part of why my business shut down earlier this year.

Thankfully with my new payment processor and the reefing community being great, I've only had it happen once. A customer ordered a $250 item which was honestly going to cost me $180 just in parts, but I needed the money so I took it... 1 week later out of nowhere he decides he doesn't want it and does a charge back, now I'm out at least $180.

Last year I lost $16,000 in fraudulent "package not delivered" scams through PayPal.

Please try to be understanding for small business owners, especially those doing custom commissions.

MakerofThings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If paid PayPal, time to file case
Not true.

Apart from the fact that OP makes it look like I NEVER replied to him, which I did, filing a Paypal case because a seller didn't respond to a message within a week via a forum is kind of a poor move.

If you're having trouble reaching sellers, try actually emailing their support email listed on their website... And the order confirmation email...

I completely understand if I hadn't replied at ALL since the 22nd that it would be annoying, but still, without emailing me it would be lazy to just file a claim.

For the record, I replied several times to OP about updating their email, the order wait times currently, and making a custom one off hanger for their sump.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Chris2351

Chris2351

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give on update on this forum.

Product still not received. Placed the first initial order December 21st then an add on January 3rd. Today is January 26th and have not received any product. This was my last response from seller last Tuesday.

Attachments

• 3EE32522-D07F-476A-B011-21021545BB87.png
    3EE32522-D07F-476A-B011-21021545BB87.png
    256.8 KB · Views: 90

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give on update on this forum.

Product still not received. Placed the first initial order December 21st then an add on January 3rd. Today is January 26th and have not received any product. This was my last response from seller last Tuesday.
What did you say to illicit that response?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 73 47.4%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 49 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back