NO3, P04 and Alk

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dan Kyle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I can't believe you'd see faster growth with Acros as a high KH. You say SPS so if you're not growing acros you can ignore this.

At a high KH you are playing with fire. If any nutrient runs too low the tips will burn (die at the ends). I see incredibly fast growth at 7KH with my acros and they can tolerate more parameter swings at a more natural level. If you run a delightfully filthy tank that's older and you don't obsess with low nutrients, PO4 especially, it may work just fine, but you're playing with fire IMO. :)

Acros only though, other SPS seem to not care a bit.

Interesting... I don’t have any acros but based on what I’ve read I will keep my KH on the lower end of the scale anyways. I don’t want to risk it even for a biscuit
 
Sounds like good flow to me.

Keep it stable for another month and see how it goes. Good things take time to happen;)

Thanks. I will :) thank you very much for your input. I appreciate it <3
 
@Dan Kyle, I was under the impression you have had the acros for awhile. I had my tank and acros for 1+ years before I decided to increase the alk. Tank age and rate of increase is in an important factor. Furthermore, your lighting also makes a difference. I had MARS aqua aka the black boxes and theres no way I could've done this. My acro was a very slow grower with those also.
 
@Dan Kyle, I was under the impression you have had the acros for awhile. I had my tank and acros for 1+ years before I decided to increase the alk. Tank age and rate of increase is in an important factor. Furthermore, your lighting also makes a difference. I had MARS aqua aka the black boxes and theres no way I could've done this. My acro was a very slow grower with those also.

That’s alright. Because I’m new to SPS I wouldn’t buy an Acro just yet. Maybe in the future. I have the Hydra 26HD LED unit over my tank.
 
My purple and green monti cap's both took about 2 1/2 months to start growing, 8 months later and I wish they would stop haha.

My digi on the other started growing from day 1 but that was from a member here who kept really similar params.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new