No3 question

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I have 3 to 4 year old reef. I noticed my bubble tips mouth gaping and couple other corals looking not right. So did a water test everything was normal. Except my po4 was like 15. And my no3 was 0. Any help on how to raise no3 be great. I am running protein skimmer and skimzz cheto reactor
cameringo_20210103_152512.jpg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Except my po4 was like 15. And my no3 was 0. Any help on how to raise no3 be great.
PO4 15? Like 15 ppm? That would be hard to achieve, but if it's anywhere near that, you've got a problem to deal with.

Nitrate can be raised by dosing sodium nitrate.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's more reasonable. It's quite a bit higher than I would like it in my tank, but some people do run that high.

I would probably work on dropping that a bit, and see if I could dose nitrate to 5 ppm or so. If you feed more, you may just end up with more phosphate.

You're not vodka (or any other carbon source) dosing, are you?

OP
OP
jordan10

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's more reasonable. It's quite a bit higher than I would like it in my tank, but some people do run that high.

I would probably work on dropping that a bit, and see if I could dose nitrate to 5 ppm or so. If you feed more, you may just end up with more phosphate.

You're not vodka (or any other carbon source) dosing, are you?
Yea I always forget to put the zero in front lol. But I just ordered some sodium nitrate. And yea my tank has always had some what higher po4 it stays round 0.10 to 0.20. and know I am not dosing anything but 2 part all and cal. I just going throw extra cube of food in till this order shows up. Thanks for the help

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back