No3po4 advice

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to try and use this but the directions say don’t use any other phosphate removers,. I have chemipure elite in the chamber so I’ll need to remove..... what does everyone who has a biocube and uses no3po4x keep in the back?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both and chemipure elite in my sump and I dose 1.1 ML OF NOPOX daily in my 45 gal JBJ AIO
that I converted to have a sump which is 20 gallons. Haven’t seen any issues at all. Been doing it for months

OP
OP
BangedUp

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use both and chemipure elite in my sump and I dose 1.1 ML OF NOPOX daily in my 45 gal JBJ AIO
that I converted to have a sump which is 20 gallons. Haven’t seen any issues at all. Been doing it for months
I wonder why it says in the directions not to , thanks for response

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nopox very effectively reduces nitrate and phosphates by feeding bacteria, whose byproducts are skimmed out. If your phosphates are low relative to nitrates, nopox dosing will drop the phosphates to zero and become phosphate limited. Bacteria can’t grow, nitrates stay high and corals start dying (zero phosphates). If you stay on top of your phosphate levels, I think it’s fine to use gfo. I did.

OP
OP
BangedUp

BangedUp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nopox very effectively reduces nitrate and phosphates by feeding bacteria, whose byproducts are skimmed out. If your phosphates are low relative to nitrates, nopox dosing will drop the phosphates to zero and become phosphate limited. Bacteria can’t grow, nitrates stay high and corals start dying (zero phosphates). If you stay on top of your phosphate levels, I think it’s fine to use gfo. I did.
Does anyone know if it can be used without a skimmer?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO! You need a skimmer to "export" the bacteria.

ruskimax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO! You need a skimmer to "export" the bacteria.
They say you need a skimmer to export the bacteria cultivated with free carbon (vinegar/methanol in NOPOX case) dosing, but have seen many successful setups that DO NOT run skimmers at all and see the same benefits when you adjust dose to total water volume. I would still run a skimmer (and I do) when dosing as there are other benefits, particularly increased saturated O2, that are worth the hassle and price of skimming. I have no doubt that pH swings and such are reduced w skimming, so if you're spending $500 on tiny frags, then a 10% or 20% increase in growth over time pays for itself. Thats just my two cents, FWIW.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back