Noae - is hole next to byssal opening normal?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dovla
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dovla

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If not, can this clam be saved?

clam underside.jpg
 
Well, both siphons are on the top of the clam. I don't think any should be at the bottom.

I was offered to buy this clam, but should probably skip it regardless of how much I wanted.

clam organs pic1.jpg clam organs pic2.jpg clam organs pic3.jpg
 
normal the clam will use its palp to push through this opening to move himself around.
 
That hole is normal. That is where he stick his byssus gland out to push himself to walk and also form attachment.
Don't have to not get him. I would not get him if there is no new new growth on the shell, that is if the price is right and you like the clam.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new