Nocturnal diamond goby

  • Thread starter Thread starter krollins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

krollins

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2024
Messages
452
Reaction score
308
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got a diamond goby. For most of the day, it was by a burrow it made. When I looked at night with a red light however, he was swimming all around, dive bombing the sand. Is this normal for diamond gobies?
 
No, it’s not normal…first couple days it might be.. it will figure out your light schedule then he will go in his burrow like clock work a few minutes before the lights go out daily! It’s really cool!
 
Today I got a diamond goby. For most of the day, it was by a burrow it made. When I looked at night with a red light however, he was swimming all around, dive bombing the sand. Is this normal for diamond gobies?
Your new fish is settling in to its new environment. Give him some time. Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new