Nocturnal infestation

rynosaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone!
my current tank struggle ( I have another post related to all my coral being mad at me) has got me watching the tank day and night closely trying to determine what is causing all my corals to be unhappy. A few days ago I found this.
A1F3802A-EDBE-4C58-AF38-2FEC7CFC5394.jpeg

I have them everywhere! All over my rock work. When traced to the base every single one of them seem to attach directly to the rock work, no shell or sign of critter attached to the base. I know they are alive because they only come out at night and the pulse almost like a lure.
I don’t feel they are causing my problem with coral because I have new rock in the tank with mad coral and none of there on those rocks. However I’m can’t seem to figure out what these are???

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone!
my current tank struggle ( I have another post related to all my coral being mad at me) has got me watching the tank day and night closely trying to determine what is causing all my corals to be unhappy. A few days ago I found this.
A1F3802A-EDBE-4C58-AF38-2FEC7CFC5394.jpeg

I have them everywhere! All over my rock work. When traced to the base every single one of them seem to attach directly to the rock work, no shell or sign of critter attached to the base. I know they are alive because they only come out at night and the pulse almost like a lure.
I don’t feel they are causing my problem with coral because I have new rock in the tank with mad coral and none of there on those rocks. However I’m can’t seem to figure out what these are???

digitate hydroids.

ThemytB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, digitate hydroids. I had a ton of them for about a year, mine never bothered corals or anything else, and then they just disappeared.

OP
OP
rynosaurus

rynosaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nailed it. I’ve read good and bad about these. Some say they don’t bother anything and some say otherwise.
thank you for the help.

Back