Noisy gyre problem solved.

Thank you for the video.
 
Could you please tell me what brand of the gyre here? I am interested in Gyre, but not the noise.
Thank you
 
Everyone that used a Gyre from any brand has complained about noise. For the same brand some people have better luck than others. This particular one is Jebao MCP-70
 
I was able to solve the issue with my Ice Cap Gyre 2Ks. I removed the blades, inserted the blade into the cap making sure it was all the way into the indent at the end, then added the whole thing back to the pump. It went from I can hear it watching TV 20 feet away to I cannot hear anything standing in front of my open top tank. I was about to open a support case. Hope it works for everyone else too.
 
My two jebao has the rattling noise directly from the impeller. No idea how to fix it.
 
I notice my jebao gyre became dead silent after it broke in. Give it a few weeks, if doesn’t get better, disassemble and assemble back add Vaseline on friction points
 
I have my gyres for 2 years. After first cleaning both become very noisy.
 
I own two Red Sea Reef Wave 25's and I have no problems with vibrational noise. They do get "noisy" when dirty which is the sign that I need to clean them.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new