Non adhesive leveling mat

Riotjj21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone every used one of these non adhesive leveling mats that come with some takes inside the tank between the glass bottom and the rock. Will it deteriorate? I have an extra one. Of course I’m not talking about the ones that have an adhesive on one side.

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone every used one of these non adhesive leveling mats that come with some takes inside the tank between the glass bottom and the rock. Will it deteriorate? I have an extra one. Of course I’m not talking about the ones that have an adhesive on one side.
Are you sure this isn't supposed to go between the tank and the stand?

OP
OP
R

Riotjj21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure this isn't supposed to go between the tank and the stand?
yes of course it is. I have an extra one and i wanted to use it to buffer the rock from the glass bottom. Many people use different items to do this

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes of course it is. I have an extra one and i wanted to use it to buffer the rock from the glass bottom. Many people use different items to do this
Just sounds like a good place for detritus to settle and get trapped to me, but I've never heard of a squishy levelling mat under rock work.

BillFish Coral Lover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a custom tank from Crystal Dynamics. They have an option for Starboard bottom. I got the glass bottom but with Starboard inserted between the bottom perimeter bracing, which is like eurobracing on the top but gives extra strength to the bottom. I'm planning to go bare bottom and the Starboard (whatever that is - HDPE, maybe?) will protect the glass bottom.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.3%
Back