non-photosythetic clam

  • Thread starter Thread starter keddre
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

keddre

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2015
Messages
985
Reaction score
577
Location
Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are there any nps clams for the reef tank. I'm aware of (and own) a couple scallops, but I really like the look of clams; however, my tank is setup to not have enough lighting for that.

Thanks

Edit: I do mean big, gaudy ones, not the small ones that come on (and often blend into) the live rock.
 
None nps clams are plenty in the wild but I don't think there is one grow big like maxima or derasa, gigas.
In other thread I was discuss about this clam Tegillarca Granosa but pretty much hard to find them in good health and alive because none of LFS selling them, only our super market selling for daily food consuming and mostly frozen or near death on pile of ices. It's easy to collect them in South East Asia beaches but nearly impossible to find them in US coast line.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new