Non - Reef Safe Blue Hippo Tang

Addicted2Reef’n

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2022
Messages
239
Reaction score
61
Location
Louisville
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to rehome my hippo tang bc he is eating my zoas and even nibbled end polyps off a acro. What are some other tangs in his family (Acanthuridae )that I could try out instead of another hippo ? I like the look of white cheek tang or gold rim tang whichever name. Any other recommendations?
 
IMG_4794.jpeg

This guy has been with me 2.5 years. Started off about 1 inch. Recently ate all my Zoas. Same problem here. Doesn’t seem to bother any other corals so I might just leave Zoas out.
 
The powder brown, which the same family and genus to the gold rim , I have read is hardier
But I am far from an expert. They have different markings around their faces, but really favorite each other. My powder brown is a little aggressive, but it’s a beautiful fish and leaves the corals alone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new