>>> Noo-Psyche's Autumn Giveaway!! WIN a brand new K7 Mini WiFi capable reef light for your reef! <<<

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging random members seems a little much and not really in the spirit of a giveaway, but hey I guess there was no limit
I agree (even though I’m greatly at fault) that it’s not in the spirit of a fun giveaway, but I also suspect it is what the vendor wants. It allows for their product to be brought to the attention of more people. I would guess that the vendor chooses what people can do to gain an entry.

It also makes doing any of the other entries pointless because why take the time to watch a video and post a comment, or update a build thread when it is so much quicker to just tag some random person.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's how the last one was won. I've tried to show a level, however low, of restraint. But am guilty.
I didn’t do too well with restraint last night. I was actually going to tag several thousands more people (not exaggerating) but now I think I am guilted out of doing it.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree (even though I’m greatly at fault) that it’s not in the spirit of a fun giveaway, but I also suspect it is what the vendor wants. It allows for their product to be brought to the attention of more people. I would guess that the vendor chooses what people can due to gain an entry.

It also makes doing any of the other entries pointless because why take the time to watch a video and post a comment, or update a build thread when it is so much quicker to just tag some random person.
I still do the build thread ones. They probably get lost in the stream or tags but it keeps my build going too.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Tagging random members seems a little much and not really in the spirit of a giveaway, but hey I guess there was no limit
I agree (even though I’m greatly at fault) that it’s not in the spirit of a fun giveaway, but I also suspect it is what the vendor wants. It allows for their product to be brought to the attention of more people. I would guess that the vendor chooses what people can due to gain an entry.

That's how the last one was won. I've tried to show a level, however low, of restraint. But am guilty.
I am usually guilty, especially for a @noopsyche lights because they are so worth it! I have shown restraint for the most part and have been trying to invite people that I truly think would be interested in this giveaway. However, as stated by @Gtinnel and @Mschmidt the instructions allow for (even slightly encourage) this to happen and @noopsyche gets some advertising for it.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still do the build thread ones. They probably get lost in the stream or tags but it keeps my build going too.
I haven’t updated my build thread in a while. I actually added a fish (which I don’t especially want) into my new tank. When I get a chance maybe I’ll update mine.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am usually guilty, especially for a @noopsyche lights because they are so worth it! I have shown restraint for the most part and have been trying to invite people that I truly think would be interested in this giveaway. However, as stated by @Gtinnel and @Mschmidt the instructions allow for (even slightly encourage) this to happen and @noopsyche gets some advertising for it.
You are absolutely not guilty of it. Your tags include some text and actually encourage the person to join. I tagged hundreds of people last night with nothing more than a tag.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I won my first noopsyche two years ago. I forget how many pages of entries there were but I did the official entry only and won with that. Honestly that one win is what has made me so active on Reef2Reef. Since then I've met a lot of really fun and cool people and now, like @Gtinnel , I spend a little (OK, a lot) too much time on the forums hanging out and trying to help other reefers. These giveaways are a cool benefit and it's always interesting to me how few people seem to know about them. Tagging people helps bring some awareness to the sponsors and the giveaways.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You are absolutely not guilty of it. Your tags include some text and actually encourage the person to join. I tagged hundreds of people last night with nothing more than a tag.
I said usually.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won my first noopsyche two years ago. I forget how many pages of entries there were but I did the official entry only and won with that. Honestly that one win is what has made me so active on Reef2Reef. Since then I've met a lot of really fun and cool people and now, like @Gtinnel , I spend a little (OK, a lot) too much time on the forums hanging out and trying to help other reefers. These giveaways are a cool benefit and it's always interesting to me how few people seem to know about them. Tagging people helps bring some awareness to the sponsors and the giveaways.
I remember an older giveaway for one of their lights where it was limited to 10 tags per day. I would prefer it to be like that.

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And hey. There are fewer pages here than an sbb live sale.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And hey. There are fewer pages here than an sbb live sale.
Only because I got guilted out of doing what I was going to do
Hilary Duff Lol GIF by YoungerTV

death-by-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree (even though I’m greatly at fault) that it’s not in the spirit of a fun giveaway, but I also suspect it is what the vendor wants. It allows for their product to be brought to the attention of more people. I would guess that the vendor chooses what people can do to gain an entry.

very guilty about this, but saw the light and stopped

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 37 63.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back