00W's AIO Smorgasbord

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amanda, the colony in their farm stopped me in my tracks. It was the size of a honeydew melon. And those colors are for real.

I’’m nervous to keep something so special alive - that goes for everything I got on the trip. My current collection has been fairly basic and all purchased during live sales so I haven’t gotten anything expensive before.

I guess I am venturing into the Raw Row Shaggy territory of reef keeping- hehe.
You got this!

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any hardware store will carry the dremel and diamond blade but Im sure you can have Amazon deliver them to your door. A good investment, you’ll be using over the years to come. Plenty of YouTube videos on fragging the specific corals.
@Reef Devils Parker, you are now entering the lifelong activity of creating an awesome tool collection which you will use always. Buy quality - Dewalt, Kolbalt or Craftsman are all great brands. You should buy at Lowe’s or Home Depot as it’s easier to return if there is a problem- also they have great sales - like this weekends’ Memorial Day.

You won’t need a bunch of add-ons- just get the basic tool for now. Your Dad probably has other tools you can use if needed. But the Dremel is key if you want to continue to frag corals.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your Excellence, your duncan will do great, very hardy lps. I can’t wait to see it in your tank!
Hehe. Ok, let’s drop that excellence moniker- but thanks for the confidence booster on the Duncan.

There is a lot of responsibility in receiving these corals from TSA. I don’t think they’d be thrilled if the reefer (me), killed everything within 6 months of receiving- sort of negates that purpose of the shopping spree.

I will be getting a lot of input on placement, flow, lighting. And as I’ve already mentioned, Dylan will do the actual moving and gluing of all corals since I can no longer climb a latter let alone balance a frag in my hand. Add the nano tank transfer and wow - very expensive in my LFS service costs. But once all this is done, my tank will be full of corals and fish and I will finally sit back and just watch it grow.

I have only one thing that will be added, and that’s Kalkwallser in a container- just simple, no fancy equipment.

I’m really looking forward to seeing Amanda’s DT mature, and Walker’s, and Luis’, and Kipp’s, and Parker’s, and Remi’s, and some good updates from Will with awesome pics!

And seeing Ocean’s big changes he’s working on.

Noticing Frank’s slowly gearing up to featuring one of his tanks and the incredible treasures he has in them.

Wanting to see you sister Katrina and her ballet inspired rockscape and how she will design the rest of the tank.

Hoping Joel gets some time to narrow down even more and maybe have fun with a project on one tank.

getting to see Tim take his 3-D to the next level and we all can order something from it and promote it.

Whew! We are one active group. Going to go work on photo editing.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Devils Parker, you are now entering the lifelong activity of creating an awesome tool collection which you will use always. Buy quality - Dewalt, Kolbalt or Craftsman are all great brands. You should buy at Lowe’s or Home Depot as it’s easier to return if there is a problem- also they have great sales - like this weekends’ Memorial Day.

You won’t need a bunch of add-ons- just get the basic tool for now. Your Dad probably has other tools you can use if needed. But the Dremel is key if you want to continue to frag corals.
Any specific model of Dremel that's best?

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any specific model of Dremel that's best?
I don’t remember the brand of mine but I can check when I get home. I think they are pretty standard. Mine was somewhere between $80-90.

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Wednesday was good, Luis. What about yours?
A bit busy day but a good one Walker and with the temperatures like yours, I don't know what we're going to do in July and August lol

luis angel

Tailspots and Tacos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are those dosing lines? What are you dosing. Sorry, I should have just gone to your build thread to look.
I forgot about these 2 that I dose once a week
1000091806.jpg

WalkerLovesTheOcean

"Just keeps swimming!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Walker it's 47 here.
Feels like November :crying-face:
That's freezing! So sorry for ya.

Right now it's around 85. I am sitting in the shade with a beautiful breeze. It's soooo nice out right now!

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Work finished for today, how was everyone's Wednesday?
Busy but good here. Work then played video games with my son on his new PlayStation he saved up for I think he said it's the PlayStation 5. He got the steering wheel and even bought a purple controller for me to use when we play together. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 48 43.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 56 50.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 7 6.3%
Back