OP
OP
B

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the kind words. Im getting there. Moving forward with the 2 tanks at once and some home remodeling at the same time, Tuff. But all will be well soon enough.

OP
OP
B

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome... how happy was that sailfin tang to hear about the upgrade

So, the sailfin. Wow I love this great looking fish. I was having a small collection of green hair algae on one of my base rocks, on the right side of the tank. Was about a month ago I had a bad red slime outbreak. The slime was totally my fault as im just getting over my first cycle in this tank and i add the 2 tonga branch rock pieces to my tank. The tonga are from the new tank purchase as it came with dead dry rock, like 50lbs of some real nice pieces that have been out of water for over a year I was told. So not being smart and always learning in this hobby I stuck the 2 branch pieces in the tank. I did scrub them down wit h202 and brush for a few mins first. Anyway as we all know now my tank went thru cycle....again. So some red slime, dosed tank with h202 at 1ml per 10gal. So thats 1ml for me, no lights for 2 days and it started to kill off the slime. Was not gone 100% so used cayno and after 2nd dose it was gone. Fast forward to a week ago i saw some green hair lookin like it was gonna take hold so I thought I had room for a small tang to help. Went to lfs and they had like 6 or 7 sailfins for sale. I have never saw one before and wanted the smallest one for my nano. I also knew he will be going into my big tank soon so i figured he could make it a month in a small nano. At the lfs all the sailfins in one small tank for sale I never fully got to see him at full sail (so to speak). I picked the one with the most color on him, more yellow then the others, not the smallest. Got him home and he soon got along great with his tankmates. (Watchmen goby, shrimp, clown, frags). Bottom line...love the sailfin colors and look, eats all the hair algae and very quick at it. Tank looks great again. If there is one major thing I have learned about Nano tanks is that they are NOT for giving at all. Everything happens Real fast. So much life in such a small tank it only makes sence. If you can make a nano thrive.... you can make any large size tank thrive. Just my thoughts...

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank!
coral_crinoid_chimney_787med.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back