Noob...have a nano and building 92 corner

Bgmrc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, have a 6mounth old nano 13.5 flouval great lil tank. This is my GET BACK INTO REEFING TANK. I had a 55gal reef back in early 90s, around 92 93 and had a water overflow from a band new berlin skimmer that leaked on my powerstrip and caused the first floor of my parents home to fill up with smoke. And of course a family member was visiting and found choking! Pops cut all the cords ina panic while I was at work early that week. Anyway that ended my reef enjoyment for a long time. Ever since then I have followed from a distance the reef game and always took the wifey to aquariums showed her all different types of tanks / fish / corals. So about 6months ago was in my LFS and saw the nano for a real cheap price and grabbed it. Been great ever since, accept for tryin to move forward waaaay to fast. LFS sometimes have selling ahead of real world timing as im sure you all know. Enough about me and all that. So i have a 92gal corner i picked up from an online source with a good amount of extras as to make it worth driving an hour plus away to pick up. New tank came with alot of dead live rock, that is now curing ina 20gal tank in the basement to speed up the new build. So for me and my plan is to have the show tank on first floor and my sump and all filtration just below in my basement 1 floor below. Ima bout half way complete with new tank build and the nano is just rolling along good as it usally is. Ill post a few nano pics. Soooo im glad to have finally registered as i was reading alot of posts and gathering info for a few months now
20200204_200036.jpg
20200204_200248.jpg

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome. I had a 92g corner Reef. It was awesome. Gorgeous tank when set up right. What I did was raise my stand up by 6 inches and lowered in a custom 54g corner bow and used that as my sump with custom baffles for my filtration. It was alot better than a 10g filter. If you set it up right itll be amazing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back