Noob's 29 gallon Biocube

NoobtoSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I think I've only post a few things on this forum so I might as well join the club a little more. I'm much more active on pnwmas.org which is our local club. So here is a tank thread. Although my name is Noobtosalt I've been reefing for about 3 years now. I've had a lot of tanks over the years and the most recent tank I broke down was a 240 gallon tank.

Here is my 29 biocube

Rapid LED kit
Reefkeeper Lite with ALC and SL1 module with ATO
Ecotech Vortech MP10
Pair of Picasso Clownfish
Flasher Wrasse
Mandarin Goby
2 Clams (1 Golden Maxima/1 Ultra Crocea)
Lots of SPS (lost a bunch recently with a phosphate problem that is still unknown how it happened)
20 Berghani Nudibranches that have done absolutely nothing for my aptasia. Still very dissapointed with buying these. Way too much money spent with no return. I actually have more aptasia at this point.:cry:

Pre Crash Photos:

DSC_0068-5.jpg

DSC_0070-4.jpg

DSC_0066-5.jpg

DSC_0065-6.jpg

DSC_0058-5.jpg

DSC_0057-4.jpg

OP
OP
N

NoobtoSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Held a meeting for the local club yesterday at my place scored some yoda zoas and a green acro.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great!! Can't wait to see the new additions!!!

OP
OP
N

NoobtoSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks you guys. Once i get some time in the next few days i will post some pictures of the additions.

akma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You really havemt had luck with your nudis? I out 3 in my 36 gallon and they wiped out ecerything. Have you seen them in the tank. Id say theres a good chance maybe your wrasse picked them off before they had a chance to get a foothold. When i out them in initially i also kept my vortechs off for 3 days.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your reef is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
N

NoobtoSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You really havemt had luck with your nudis? I out 3 in my 36 gallon and they wiped out ecerything. Have you seen them in the tank. Id say theres a good chance maybe your wrasse picked them off before they had a chance to get a foothold. When i out them in initially i also kept my vortechs off for 3 days.

I've only had the wrasse for just over a week now. The nudi's have been in the tank for a month. I bought them from a guy online here but he keeps saying wait for day 46 and I will see a huge difference. Right now I'm looking at a $150 waste of money when I should have just gotten some more aptasia x...

Your reef is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks!

OP
OP
N

NoobtoSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank crashed again. Selling off most of the sps that's left. I lost my oregon mummy eye chalice, Miami huricane chalice, large digi colony, one of my Picasso clowns, and more. I replaced my sandbed today to hopefully get rid of any concerns with phosphates. If i loose more corals i might be shutting it down. Too much loss to be positive anymore

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • Full frame

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • All of the above

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back