Noopschye K7 v3 Schedule 25 Cube

MrDirkaDirak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
After much searching I don't see a clear answer so I'm firing away here.
I'm looking for a good schedule/profile for the @noopsyche K7 Pro3 over a 25 cube. This is a mixed reef, LPS/Sofies down low, SPS up high (4" under water)
I'm using @BeanAnimal profile generator but cant seem to dial it in to my liking.
For reference, my LFS uses the Radion XR30's and the corals pop without too much blue. In my past tanks MH 14k with t5 were about the perfect color temperature.
I love the Noop K7 v3 Pro but cant seem to get the lights dialed in and don't see a lot in the way of examples out there for the current gen lights. I've been all over the place mixing the channels but when I get it visually appealing the disco effect on the sand is terrible.
Any sample line graphs and/or QR codes would be much appreciated!

Few more while I'm here... thinking about the new Noop diffuser https://noopsychereeflight.com/products/shade-and-diffuser-of-k7-series to cut down on the spotlight and disco effect. Any body have experience with it?
Lastly, any experience augmenting with an AI Blade/Grow to soften the shadows and provide fill?

Hate to say it but I'm seriously considering just biting the bullet on an XR15 but I do love the Noops but need to get em dialed in.

Hey @noopsyche how bout some more default profiles? Sunrise/Sunset, acclimation etc would be amazing.

Cheers and thanks in advance to this great community!

PS peak intensity is 50% for a few hours at midday.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1685051727710.png

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
After much searching I don't see a clear answer so I'm firing away here.
I'm looking for a good schedule/profile for the @noopsyche K7 Pro3 over a 25 cube. This is a mixed reef, LPS/Sofies down low, SPS up high (4" under water)
I'm using @BeanAnimal profile generator but cant seem to dial it in to my liking.
For reference, my LFS uses the Radion XR30's and the corals pop without too much blue. In my past tanks MH 14k with t5 were about the perfect color temperature.
I love the Noop K7 v3 Pro but cant seem to get the lights dialed in and don't see a lot in the way of examples out there for the current gen lights. I've been all over the place mixing the channels but when I get it visually appealing the disco effect on the sand is terrible.
Any sample line graphs and/or QR codes would be much appreciated!

Few more while I'm here... thinking about the new Noop diffuser https://noopsychereeflight.com/products/shade-and-diffuser-of-k7-series to cut down on the spotlight and disco effect. Any body have experience with it?
Lastly, any experience augmenting with an AI Blade/Grow to soften the shadows and provide fill?

Hate to say it but I'm seriously considering just biting the bullet on an XR15 but I do love the Noops but need to get em dialed in.

Hey @noopsyche how bout some more default profiles? Sunrise/Sunset, acclimation etc would be amazing.

Cheers and thanks in advance to this great community!

PS peak intensity is 50% for a few hours at midday.
I just mounted my K7v3 over my 3 month old 20g nano cube. Im 12" from the surface and running the sps program and will adjust if needed when my par meter I just ordered arrives.
What light did you go with? I run 4 xr15's on another system.
K7
20230606_123305.jpg

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just mounted my K7v3 over my 3 month old 20g nano cube. Im 12" from the surface and running the sps program and will adjust if needed when my par meter I just ordered arrives.
How do you like it, compared to 2 AI Primes?

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like it, compared to 2 AI Primes?
Well its only been a few hrs, lol.
Its a nice unit and should perform well. My plan is to run it on this tank for a year or so. Par numbers will be interesting for the K7, 16's, and xr15's I run.
I had excellent results with the 16's running the same tank for 10 months before I took it down.
If the K7 can do what the 16's did then I will be sold.
20220926_094502.jpg

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.9%
Back