Noopsyche settings

Jacob holley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running my noopsyche k7 pro2s on my 36x20x20 tank mounted 30” from the sandbed (12” from the waterline) for a few months. After playing around and researching I’ve found that there is only one chart that matches the ab+ and the thread is a few years old. I was curious as to what others are running there’s at. Most of my acros are 17” from the light. I’m have mostly SPS with a few LPS. Has anyone gotten actual par numbers off of these lights?

OP
OP
J

Jacob holley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tagging along, as looking at a replacement light for my viparspectra.
That’s what I replaced lol the color controllability is way better but there is slightly more shadowing due to the small footprint of the light. I have noticed slightly less growth but the black boxes put out a ridiculous amount of par. The growth could also be due to me not using aminos and my nutrients being sucked up. I have a bottle on the way to see if it helps.

Nicholas Dushynsky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I replaced lol the color controllability is way better but there is slightly more shadowing due to the small footprint of the light. I have noticed slightly less growth but the black boxes put out a ridiculous amount of par. The growth could also be due to me not using aminos and my nutrients being sucked up. I have a bottle on the way to see if it helps.
I'm tempted as my birthday is coming up in July so I might treat myself.

OP
OP
J

Jacob holley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tempted as my birthday is coming up in July so I might treat myself.
The representative I spoke to said that an app enabled light was coming out at the end of the year but I’m assuming the price will be higher and honestly you don’t need it once you figure out the controller. Plus they will have bugs and issues with the app for a few months so I went ahead and got them.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been running my noopsyche k7 pro2s on my 36x20x20 tank mounted 30” from the sandbed (12” from the waterline) for a few months. After playing around and researching I’ve found that there is only one chart that matches the ab+ and the thread is a few years old. I was curious as to what others are running there’s at. Most of my acros are 17” from the light. I’m have mostly SPS with a few LPS. Has anyone gotten actual par numbers off of these lights?
I have recommended to everyone that the best way to tune your lights is first rent or borrow a par meter because every tank is different.
I have 6k7's on my 750xxl but since I never keep anything that requires above 150par and some like even lower par like some cyphastria that I have.
This is my schedule:
mysettings.png

This gives me a nice balance for my tank. I will slowly ramp up my A channel to about 5% but this is something that should be done slowly as to not shock the coral.

OP
OP
J

Jacob holley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recommended to everyone that the best way to tune your lights is first rent or borrow a par meter because every tank is different.
I have 6k7's on my 750xxl but since I never keep anything that requires above 150par and some like even lower par like some cyphastria that I have.
This is my schedule:
mysettings.png

This gives me a nice balance for my tank. I will slowly ramp up my A channel to about 5% but this is something that should be done slowly as to not shock the coral.
Im running the AB+ You simulated a while back. Does that chart still stand for the best simulation of AB+ or have you found a new one? I have a few low light corals but I place them in the shaded areas or in the corner of the sandbed.

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running the AB+ You simulated a while back. Does that chart still stand for the best simulation of AB+ or have you found a new one? I have a few low light corals but I place them in the shaded areas or in the corner of the sandbed.
It does but without a par meter no way of knowing how much intensity you will need.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, have I been running mine wrong all along waiting for my par meter. I have whites 10 blues at 25 uv at 30 and red and green at 2. Havnt had them long and was awaiting for my radions to come in but i think I may return the redions! I do like them and the spread is way better but dont think its worth the xtra money. Noops have a little to much shimmer and radions not enough. But the again my noop is right under the flow while the radion isnt. The biggest problem is that the tank is in my office about a foot away from my desk along the same wall so I am forced to look up at the tank and the radions put out so much more light.

As far as the noop setting I am using it seems to be fine and my corals look great and are all opening. I am assuming the program listed is the abplus, just wondering what is a good setting that isnt so blue for mostly lps and softies but some sps at the top? Apreciate if anyone would share that with me!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, have I been running mine wrong all along waiting for my par meter. I have whites 10 blues at 25 uv at 30 and red and green at 2. Havnt had them long and was awaiting for my radions to come in but i think I may return the redions! I do like them and the spread is way better but dont think its worth the xtra money. Noops have a little to much shimmer and radions not enough. But the again my noop is right under the flow while the radion isnt. The biggest problem is that the tank is in my office about a foot away from my desk along the same wall so I am forced to look up at the tank and the radions put out so much more light.

As far as the noop setting I am using it seems to be fine and my corals look great and are all opening. I am assuming the program listed is the abplus, just wondering what is a good setting that isnt so blue for mostly lps and softies but some sps at the top? Apreciate if anyone would share that with me!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Back