NooReefer, and NooPsyche K7 Pro 3 light schedule and settings

Unclejackrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brand spanking new reef tank guy here. I’ve had many freshwater tanks over the past 20+ years, but I’m brand new to salties.

Finishing up cycling a 120 gallon tank, and I was leaning Kessil, but my wallet got cold feet and went with the NooPsyche K7’s, two of them.

I’m planning on starting with some softies and LPS. Are there any reefers that have had success with these lights that would be willing to share their light settings and schedules with me? I saw the QR generator, but man I’d really like to start off with someone who has the Noops over a similar setup that has some experience and could set me on the right track.

Pic is of my tank. I’m not even REALLY sure how a good reef lighting setup SHOULD look. The preloaded profiles in the app sure look awfully blue to me, but I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know spit about it.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_3656.jpeg

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Blue… the bluer lights tend to both make corals light up a little more, especially the near-UV channel. The blue also hides algae a little and the lower powered red/green can also hinder algae growth. So heavy blues are a common preference.

You can dial down the blue and dial up the whites/reds/greens for a more natural light.

In terms of settings - what corals do you plan to put in there? Soft corals and many LPS will need much lower settings than SPS.

The tank - what are the plan dimensions? Is this a 48” x 24”?

OP
OP
U

Unclejackrock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the Blue… the bluer lights tend to both make corals light up a little more, especially the near-UV channel. The blue also hides algae a little and the lower powered red/green can also hinder algae growth. So heavy blues are a common preference.

You can dial down the blue and dial up the whites/reds/greens for a more natural light.

In terms of settings - what corals do you plan to put in there? Soft corals and many LPS will need much lower settings than SPS.

The tank - what are the plan dimensions? Is this a 48” x 24”?
I’m going for the beginner friendly type corals, softies and LPS. I like the larger polyps and movement better anyways.

Yes, 120 gallon 4x2x2

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 over my 72x24x24 180g. I like them well enough they are coming over to my new build and this tank coming down. I've been running them for 14 months on the schedule below. Everything is thriving. I don't know how you can go wrong with these lights for the price.

Shot of the tank a minute ago. It's a mix of LPS, softies, nems and some SPS. I also keep clams and get 300 par on the bottom. You probably won't need to run yours that high. I really like the way the tank looks. I'm not a fan of all blues that make coral glow. These lights under these setting make things look nice but natural colored IMO

PXL_20240222_233233684.jpg

Settings
Screenshot_20240222-183630~2.png

Screenshot_20240222-183706~2.png

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going for the beginner friendly type corals, softies and LPS. I like the larger polyps and movement better anyways.

Yes, 120 gallon 4x2x2
~30 on all channels will give you approx 60-80 on the sand and 150-180 at the top of your rocks, a good range for most softies and LPS.

arc.flash788

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 over my 72x24x24 180g. I like them well enough they are coming over to my new build and this tank coming down. I've been running them for 14 months on the schedule below. Everything is thriving. I don't know how you can go wrong with these lights for the price.

Shot of the tank a minute ago. It's a mix of LPS, softies, nems and some SPS. I also keep clams and get 300 par on the bottom. You probably won't need to run yours that high. I really like the way the tank looks. I'm not a fan of all blues that make coral glow. These lights under these setting make things look nice but natural colored IMO

I really need to get a par meter. I wonder if I’m running my two k7 v3s with too much power on my 75 gallon tank. Do you have any tips or recommendations?

Attachments

• IMG_8643.png
    IMG_8643.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8642.png
    IMG_8642.png
    215 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8641.png
    IMG_8641.png
    95 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8643.png
    IMG_8643.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8641.png
    IMG_8641.png
    95 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8642.png
    IMG_8642.png
    215 KB · Views: 42

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yours are higher than nine. I'm only 7 inches off the water because of my canopy. Your two are also spread out more than nine. As long as your corals are looking good I would roll with it.
Have you had them running long? From what I can see everything looks happy.
I like your scape. I'm putting one together for my new build but it's not looking good. Mine never do look good so I just try and cover the rocks with corals.

AtlanticGail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

PXL_20240222_233233684.jpg

Settings
Screenshot_20240222-183630~2.png

Screenshot_20240222-183706~2.png
Are you still running with this schedule?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back