NoPox dosing

Mz. Fix It

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My long time chaeto growth deteriorated down to strings. I know I caused it, as I was battling some algae growth in my DT and had initially used Vibrant but decided to change over to NoPox. NoPox is keeping my nitrates and phosphates in check thankfully. When my chaeto died off over time I broke down my refugium and ran without for the past 2 months. However, last weekend I reconnected my refugium and want to start back with some chaeto. What I'm not sure about is if it was the Vibrant or the NoPox (or both perhaps) that destroyed my big batch of chaeto. I'm still dosing small amounts of NoPox daily and am wondering if I add chaeto to my revived refugium will I end up destroying that new batch as well. If it was the Vibrant that ate it all away then I'm good, as I'm not dosing that anymore.

Anyone out there have any advice/suggestions before I spend money on new chaeto? Thanks in advance.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you should be fine as long as you have some nitrate and phosphate. You could use less nopox if it takes things too low.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back