NoPox or Lanthanum??

reefmaster70

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2025
Messages
998
Reaction score
473
Location
SW Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, I have NoPox currently and have used it in my 20g tank to successfully drop my po4 levels down to under .1 ppm. I have a 75g tank now setup that is newer, about 5 months old. I used Pukani rock in it, and I can keep all of my numbers in check with the exception of Phosphate. I have a bag of rowaphos in the bubble trap in the sump just before the return pump, plus I am dosing lightly (4ml) daily of NoPox...my phosphate reading is still currently at .45 ppm and Nitrate is 10ppm, which is fine with me. I do have some hair algae growing on some of the SPS coral tips, so it's currently out competing my sps growth wise. I am just wondering if maybe Lanthanum would be a better dosing option, as I don't want to drop my Nitrates too low, but want to work on getting the Phosphate lower. NoPox I think will work, but it also drops my Nitrates more than I want as well.

Any help would be much appreciated.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new