Nori Nibbler is a New Way to Algae Clip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The humble algae clip is one of the most important ways to feed seaweed to our herbivorous surgeonfish and reef fish but this accessory hasn’t enjoyed much attention from the DIY and creative types. The main question reefers have to ask themselves is whether to get an algae clip with a suction cup or a…
Source

Continue reading...

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks big and in the way, looks hard to reload, and totally unnecessary.

How I feed Nori to my tank.
Much cheaper, cleaner and DON'T GET MY HAND WET.

This, fold that stuff up. I fold it down one more time and put more in the clip itself so they cant rip it out.

If the fold is thick enough you get a strip in the clip they nibble at for the rest of the day.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The next morning when I reload my clip, I just put the piece of Nori In the clip that the fish cannot bite into the water and the fish finish them in short order.
100% of my Nori go into fish stomach. None to the snails or abalone or filter in the pump or filer

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's innovative but sticks out too far. If anything it should be oriented with the length along the glass so it keeps the profile smaller. This reminds me of hair rollers. LOL

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put mine on a magnetic clip then cut it into strips with scissors so they tear off easily one at a time without big chunks being torn off. But in this hobby there have plenty of things that seemed overpriced just like this gadget that have made people serious money that in theory work great until the customer impulse buys it and it ends up in the instant regret bin all reefers have.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pricing on this item is ridiculous IMO, you can 3d print those things for less than 3 bucks, why they got to GOUGE with 40- and 55-dollar price tags?

I'd consider trying this for 15 to 20 dollars US, but not those prices, they can keep them for that. My 2 cents!

BlueAntec

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pricing on this item is ridiculous IMO, you can 3d print those things for less than 3 bucks, why they got to GOUGE with 40- and 55-dollar price tags?

I'd consider trying this for 15 to 20 dollars US, but not those prices, they can keep them for that. My 2 cents!
I just found out about this type of feeder. There is a model on thingiverse I'm going to try.

Reefnurse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks big and in the way, looks hard to reload, and totally unnecessary.

This, fold that stuff up. I fold it down one more time and put more in the clip itself so they cant rip it out.

If the fold is thick enough you get a strip in the clip they nibble at for the rest of the day.
Where can I buy a nori nibbles none of the places I've searched sells them ?

Marty Shaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The humble algae clip is one of the most important ways to feed seaweed to our herbivorous surgeonfish and reef fish but this accessory hasn’t enjoyed much attention from the DIY and creative types. The main question reefers have to ask themselves is whether to get an algae clip with a suction cup or a…
Source

Continue reading...
Looks cool…just not for me. I’ll stick with my clip

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back