Nori

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a blue tang and yellow tang as a surprise gift for my birthday from my family. I have had tangs in the past, but wanted to re-visit nutrition with regard to nori. Can we talk green, brown, red and their pros and cons of each.?

-Why each are important in their own way.
-Should they be soaked with any other additives such as garlic?
-What brands are the best? General thoughts.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats on the tangs!!!!
I have two yellow tangs and a Kole in qt. I currently feed them human grade dried nori that is made for sushi. No added anything. I have red and green and put some on each side of the tank. They love both. In fact, my lawnmower and angels and damsels eat it too.
Personally, I would give them a variety. Keep at least two types on hand and also use pellet or flake or enhanced frozen too. I do not use additives with my nori. In fact, I do not use it at all unless making my own food.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the past, I have done red and green by ocean nutrition. Believe they add garlic. I feed pellets twice daily, I occasionally feed frozen (once weekly). My stock was real low and now I have the tangs I want to add nori to the mix.

I seem to remember what I was buying before smelled pretty bad. Is this an issue?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To keep tangs healthy, IMO, they need lots of options and constant grazing opportunities. My fish are all pretty young, so I feed a ton. Even when all my fish were over 5yrs with me, I fed a lot.
If you provide lots of various options, you should do fine. I just get the human stuff because it is much cheaper and straight nori. I have used LRS nori and I think another brand specific to fish.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2E39262A-F457-4601-B7CA-B791D041F381.png
This is what I feed my desjardini and Kole and they love it lasts a long time too.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is the green I feed. The red is this one:

• 30 Full Size Sheets Full Sheet KIMNORI Sushi Nori Premium Roasted Seaweed Rolls Wraps Snack Laver, USDA ORGANIC, Gluten Free, No MSG, NON-GMO, Vegan 10 Sheet X 3 Pack / 김, のり, 海苔, 紫菜

30 Full Size Sheets Full Sheet KIMNORI Sushi Nori Premium Roasted Seaweed Rolls Wraps Snack Laver, USDA ORGANIC, Gluten Free, No MSG, NON-GMO, Vegan 10 Sheet X 3 Pack / 김, のり, 海苔, 紫菜
by KIMNORI

Also from Amazon.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 112 57.7%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.4%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 70 36.1%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.9%
Back