Normal clove polyp or not?

  • Thread starter Thread starter bboystyle
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bboystyle

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 17, 2020
Messages
141
Reaction score
142
Location
Orange County
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two clove polyps on plugs. The base of one looks a bit stranger than the other. I'll post pics of both but I just want to know if there's anything I should do/not do. Is it normal? Is it a hitchhiker?

The first picture is of the one I'm concerned about. The second is the other clove polyp that seems cleaner and blooms more easily.

Thanks in advance.

20200923_190331.jpg wonyoung.jpg
 
hi,yes clove,looks like nice colors too :cool:
 
Nice clove polyps. They look good. The first pic looks like it’s glued a little too high so it is not growing new cloves that attach to the plug. But that’s not really a problem because. You can just Super glue them to the plug when they get bigger. Or to somewhere else.

I really love clove polyps. Just got a frag a couple weeks ago.

I’m not the only one that loves them, my decorator crab stole a few babies and put them on his back. I can’t wait for them to grow bigger, that would be really cool!

D92093BD-A1C7-49A4-93BB-D42BD7B4A93E.png

I know it’s hard to see this guy, it’s blurry, but circled below. I wish I had a camera and pic skills like @najer . You can see those little white sacs you are concerned about, they are just baby clove polyps.
3D70409E-30D5-438E-9A53-6ECC94D8E5EB.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new